EPOS ES 22

All general audio posts go here.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: EPOS ES 22

Unread post by terrybooth »

Sovereign wrote:Did you ever try the 22's against the 30's?
Have you ever tried the 25's?
The guy I bought the 22s off had 25s. If I remember correctly, he said that although the 25s produce a bigger sound, in some ways he preferred the 22s.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Sovereign
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

Do you chaps know the differences between the 22, 25, & 30's?

jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jandl100 »

Sovereign wrote:Did you ever try the 22's against the 30's?
Have you ever tried the 25's?
Nope, I went straight to the top o' the line with the ES30, simply because a nice-price pair came along and I was curious. It's the only Epos speaker I have owned.
Tbh, I had only previously heard the standmount model (the 11, I guess) and wasn't particularly taken with them. They seemed Flat Earth to me -- viz. deliberately thinned out in the bass and lower mids so as to give the false impression of dynamic speed and articulation. Quite 'fun' though - albeit deliberately voiced to appeal to a certain audio fraternity. I was just curious as to what the bigger ones could do, with a decent bass driver installed and the cabinet volume to do it 'properly' if the designer so desired. Yes, the ES30 were still a bit Flat Earth, but I enjoyed them for a couple of months before something else came along to attract my curiosity!
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)