BADA

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

BADA

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

As of the 12th July BADA (the British Audio Dealers Association) ceased to exist. :happy-jumpeveryone: One less self seeking cartel to try and find more ways to rip you off.

Daniel Quinn

Re: BADA

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Soprano's fans wil know that BADA was the first name of Tony Sopranos club "bada bing"

seems appropraite :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

To read the public blurb on this dealers cartel you would think it was set up for their customers benefit. Nothing could be further from the truth, it was set up to bully manufacturers into providing more margin / profit for them and higher prices for you. AND to try to keep the direct sellers and discounters out of the market.

jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jandl100 »

I seem to recall the BADA ads in the old hifi mags -- I think that some of them had quite a pretty young lady in them for some reason? :think: Or maybe it's just my lecherous old brain adding that small detail. :D The ads all said that BADA was there for the benefit of the buying public. :clap: A laudable sentiment.

They wouldn't have lied to us, would they? :o :lol:

The website doesn't seem to have died yet .. http://www.bada.co.uk/
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)