C'mon - Yer first HiFi......?

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C'mon - Yer first HiFi......?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Folks,
Just thinking back to the good old day,s (some say theres no such thing - But they are wrong) Trying to think of my first real HiFi....!!!

ARISTON TT
A&R A60
SPENDOR BC1's

Drove the old folks mad with.....

DEEP PURPLE
LED ZEP
DOOR's
My how things change.......!!!!

Love to hear your of your first Kit.

jammy395

Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: C'mon - Yer first HiFi......?

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Linn LP12 with Valhalla, Basik LVX, Rega R100 cart, Creek CAS4040 amp, Heybook HB1 speakers, Linn Sara stands, 5m pair Naim NACA4, joined 2 months later by Sound Organisation turntable table.

The Creek is still in use in my AV system. HB1's foam rotted. Replaced by Linn Saras then Isobariks then Bozak and EV speakers. LP12 upgraded over the years before being replaced by EMT's.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

When I was washing up in the Wimpy Bar at 15 years old I saved up my money and bought a Trio KA3700, KT5500 & the cassette player that went with it, can't remember the number. I'm not too sure what the speakers were, may have been Wharfedale Lintons and my parents bought me a cheap Technics TT.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

My first system I bought from a friend, I don't know the model numbers but it was a Yamaha CD player and integrated amp and Mordant Short speakers, within a year I went to an Arcam A90 pre and Power and Naim speakers, can't remember which ones

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Old Polish Unitra amp, PW 9013, Tonsil speakers and the source was a computer connected through jack-2x cinch. Wasn't so long ago, haha :P
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Pioneer PL12D tt, Shure M75ED2 cart, Sony 1130 amp, Akai AT580 tuner, Technics SB301 speakers.

Oooo - that was back in 1973 or so ...Ah, those were the days ..... :dance:
Last edited by jandl100 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

phillips cd player [ cant remember model no ] misson cyrus 1 amp and heybrook bookeshelf speakers [ not hb's] had in my room at university only played genesis on cd .

at the time i thought it was ace , but my hindsight memory is of it being ear damagingly bright. :o

keiths

Unread post by keiths »

At age 14 in 1976:

Garrard SP25 MkIII/Goldring G800/Amstrad EX220 Amp/Solavox SP25 speakers (Whafedale Dentons badged as Comet's own brand)

Following university and starting work my first pay packet in 1984 was spent on:

Dual CS505/AT95e/Rotel RA-820BX/Heybrook HB1

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

1978: Trio KD1033/Ortofon FF15E, NAD 3030 amp, Wharfedale Denton XP2 speakers. Typical student system at the time. Speakers were hateful, they were just cheap. Replaced with Mission 710Mk1's soon after. Those speakers lasted me 20+ years, in the days when they made decent speakers. I then started to buy HiFi Answers mag, and it all went downhill from there...:)
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Sansui SR-222 with ortofon cartridge a sony intergrated amp but I was using the pre out into a Exposure power amp and a BIG pair of Leak speakers. I was in a trafic jam somewhere in south london and happened to look in a secondhand shop window and saw this Exposure Amp for sale for £75.00 I had just read a review about the Expsoure amps and there was one so I pulled over and bought it I did not know how to get it to work just thought I should but it. I kept that amp for years only sold it to get one of 3 Dual regulated IV’s I went to Exposure's little shop in Hove to buy a new preamp they told me to wait for a week as they had a new preamp out which I think was the VII listened to the Exposure active system and that as they say was that. I ended up with a full Exposure Active system over the next few years I thought it sounded better than the Naim one.
Beresford Caiman Ipod