All general audio posts go here.
Ronin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Manticore spares.

Unread post by Ronin »

Manticore spares ?

Postby Ronin on 2012-05-22, 10:58:02 am
I've bought a Mantra Turntable in bits :o .Does anyone know were I can get Manticore Mantra turntable spares.

I was wondering if I should replace the rubber bushes. They are intact but looking a little worn , cracked / perished.

And, is there anything I should know about setting-up the suspension. I assume that the platter needs to be level :roll: , is that all there is to it?..

Infact ! I would appreciate any advice on how to assemble a suspension design .

I've read some scary stories about how difficult it is, and it should be left to the professionals but,I only payed £25 for the deck and I've been quoted £150+ for a turntable set-up, plus I'll need to ship it both ways.

Surely it can't be that difficult :?:

Cheers,

Ronin

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Manticore spares.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Contact Stuart at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SRM-TECH-Audio-Products?_rdc=1 he is a personal friend of the designer and did have some spares.

Ronin
Been thanked: 0

Re: Manticore spares.

Unread post by Ronin »

I hope you don't mind I've copied and pasted my question from the other subjectivist forum.

Just an up-date for any one who's interested.

I couldn't get any bushes to suit ( learnt quite a bit about rubber though :lol: ) so,I sourced some off another Mantra.

You can get the belt & bearing oil from SRM/Tech .

I've re-assembled the Turntable and sprayed it a Bright Red just to brighten things up a bit.

Now I'm looking for a suitable Tonearm (secondhand).

Any suggestions,I was thinking about a Linn lvx plus.I'm not to keen on the Rega's,they sound a little bland to me (dull ).

Appreciate any suggestions.

If anyone needs any help with setting up a mantra then give me a shout.I'll do my best to help out.

Once up and running,I'll have a go at a review of this deck or just give my opinion.

Cheers,

Ronin