kondo amps? what do you think about them?

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: kondo amps? what do you think about them?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So why is it politically so polarised - in elections you have a Russian ancestry candidate and a Ukrainian ancestry candidate, and nobody votes for policies, the Russians vote for the Russian and the Ukrainians vote for the Ukrainian, sensible form of democracy don't you think - it reminds me of the Eurovision song contest :roll: :mrgreen:

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

I've heard Kondo amps at Definitive Audio - they're ok :)
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The story of the two Audio Notes and Peter Qvortrup is fascinating and more to do with company law (in both Japan and the UK) and asset liquidation than they are to do with hi-fi. Anyway for once even though I know I shall remain schtum.

I shall stick to my original comment of They use valves :mrgreen: and cost silly money :?

schwantz34
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by schwantz34 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: it reminds me of the Eurovision song contest :roll: :mrgreen:
or a football match like glasgow rangers vs chelsea fc :D

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The story of the two Audio Notes and Peter Qvortrup is fascinating and more to do with company law (in both Japan and the UK) and asset liquidation than they are to do with hi-fi. Anyway for once even though I know I shall remain schtum.
c'mno doc, don't throw the stone and hide your hand ! :-) tell us a story... ;-)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So that is what democracy should be, should it?

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:So that is what democracy should be, should it?
democracy ... not just in ukraine (which is one of the most corrupted countries maybe more than italy) but also in the western countries is a joke...i speak for the country where i live, we have a sort of play where the actors are the politicians and they polarize people one against the others , like football hooligans and in the meantime they do all the sort of crime, perfectly legalized ...of course ... democracy , the real democracy should be as Demosthene told ...then there is a type of democracy that is a sort of compromise of what should be and then there 's a joke like democracy in italy or us...but maybe also in uk...IMHO, of course ...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

schwantz34 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:So that is what democracy should be, should it?
democracy ... not just in ukraine (which is one of the most corrupted countries maybe more than italy) but also in the western countries is a joke...i speak for the country where i live, we have a sort of play where the actors are the politicians and they polarize people one against the others , like football hooligans and in the meantime they do all the sort of crime, perfectly legalized ...of course ... democracy , the real democracy should be as Demosthene told ...then there is a type of democracy that is a sort of compromise of what should be and then there 's a joke like democracy in italy or us...but maybe also in uk...IMHO, of course ...
So what is the lesser evil. Does the world needs to be run by lots of Putins then?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

schwantz34 wrote:c'mno doc, dn't throwthe stone and hide your hand ! :-) tell us a story... ;-)
Nope, it is a trading company. I have hearsay.

Though the facts are.
1/ there used to be company called Audio Note based in Japan
2/ It then became a company based in both Japan and UK
3/ It then became a company based only in the UK
4/ the original owner of Audio Note Japan started a company called Kondo

In between were more shenanigans than you would probably find in a Nigerian brothel.

schwantz34

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: So what is the lesser evil. Does the world needs to be run by lots of Putins then?
in my opinion is already run by a lot of Putin (that is also the name of a canadian dish :-) ) , the dynamics are just the same , but the more is the power the more is the evil ...always imho .

edit: sorry , the correct name is Poutine... :D

btw what happened to putin's face , seems he went to the same plastic surgeon of berlusconi !!!