kondo amps? what do you think about them?

All general audio posts go here.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: kondo amps? what do you think about them?

Unread post by Lindsayt »

With the Kondo pre-amps, the question I'd be asking is: can you build your system so that you don't need an active pre-amp and can therefore use a resistor based passive pre-amp instead, for better sound quality at a tiny fraction of the price?

For their power amps the question is: can you buy any valve amps that sound just as good from elsewhere for a lot lower price, or can you build a custom valve amp that would sound just as good or better for a lot lower price?

For the systems that I've heard with Kondo amps in I'd say they sounded good, but there was nothing about the sound that indicated that they had gob-smackingly better amps than any other system. But then that may have been down to limitations in the speakers or source and not the amps.

If anyone with Kondo amps fancies a bake-off I could bring a couple of interesting amps. Although I suppose it would all be academical for me as I'm never likely to comfortably afford a Kondo amp, not even a 2nd hand one.

Neilardo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilardo »

I know nothing of Kondo amps, and in all honesty care even less. Though I would be intrigued to see the inside of the factory where valve were rolled between the naked thighs of blonde norwegian virgins. Does anyone know whether they do factory tours?
I have however been enjoying the debate/exchange of views between the Doc and Schwantz34 on Ukraine/Russia/Putin. I hear on the radio this morning that republican party presidential candidate Romney offering the following tipbit on American foreign affairs; "our friends will see more loyalty and Mr "Pooteen" will see a little less flexibility and more backbone." Clear to see which side of the "Bring-Back-The-Cold-War" debate he is on. Doesn't really inspire optimism does it? :roll:
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Of more immediate importance is that Israel is seriously preparing to attack Iran, probably before Christmas - happy new year :|

Neilardo
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilardo »

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in March 2012: Israel is a "cancerous tumor that should be cut and will be cut". :( :pray:
Do these people get up in the morning and think "there's not enough strife in the world, lets crank it up." FFS!
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

All religious fanaticism is madness, no matter what religion. There are nutcase Christians (mostly in the USA), more nutcase Muslims than you can wave a stick at. There are even militant Hindus of all daft things, then we have Sikhs who have always liked a good fight. Even extreme secularists, communists and neo Nazis who want to fight each other. They are all religions IMO.

I have just come to the conclusion that creating a percentage of nutters seems to be genetically built into the human race, and some people take anything they believe in too far. Though I have yet to find a Subjectivist suicide bomber wanting to blow up the Harbeth factory :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Go for it.