kondo amps? what do you think about them?

All general audio posts go here.
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kondo amps? what do you think about them?

Unread post by schwantz34 »

Hi,what about the subject of this thread? What do you think about them?
ciao
s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: kondo amps? what do you think about them?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They use valves :mrgreen: and cost silly money :?

schwantz34

:lol:

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

I'd like to be able to afford them - but if I could afford them I'd probably buy something else. 8-)
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Schwantz,

Not so fast - Who is the guy in yer avatar ? (please dont tell me its a self portrait).....!!!! (ha)

Mmmm Kondo, like Koetsu suposed to be the creme de la creme, eh - near mythical legendary beasts surrounded in mystery, utilising the finest materials
and painstakingly built in the orient by master wizards and scorcerers.....!!!!

If i could find a supplier like Mr Dunn willing to give a home trial before purchase......then i might be tempted.

jammy :dance:

schwantz34

jammy395 wrote:
near mythical legendary beasts surrounded in mystery, utilising the finest materials
and painstakingly built in the orient by master wizards and scorcerers.....!!!!
hi Jammy, so...they're not made by long blond haired norwegian virgins in a full moon night? so ,it's not my cup o tea ... :D

the avatar? he was an ukrainian guy who sadly passed away in a awful way in mexico a lot of years ago...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Leon Trotsky was Ukranian!! my wife made a face when I asked her who he was.

She says he was a Russian Jew. Real name Lev Davidovich Bronshtein.

schwantz34

hi Doc, yes, he was born in a small village, Yanivka, in the Bobrynets Raion, Kirovohrad Oblast, Ukraine.
You know, at that time there was the russian empire, so everything was (politically speaking but not culturally ) russian
One ukrainian, lithuanian, latvian, estonian can be defined as a russian ? Could you define a scottish an englishman? :-)

im a bit ot...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well that seems to be the problem now in Ukraine. Half the population are Ukrainian and half are Russian, and they don't like each other - perfect recipe for conflict. On top of which Putin as he gets older seems to be going more and more onto a Stalin trip and wants to interfere, and so the worse it gets. Civil war (an excuse for the Red Army to go in) seems just around the corner - me thinks! :shock:

schwantz34

well, imho is not so black and white...there are no conflicts (culturally speaking) in ukraine , for instance in Kiev the most part of the ppl speak russian (even if they're ukraine) ,and i never met an ukrainan who told me :"i hate russians" as ive heard many times in Lithuania...its more a kind of political issue, and foremost geopolitical,and for what i think Putin is not so bad as the western media portraits him...you know all that fake colored revolutions (sponsored by CIA with a lot of money) , lets think to the orange revolution of 6-7 yrs ago in Ukraine...all efforts from US to put their influence and expand their sphere of influence (as in the rest of the world) there...Yushenko was the sponsored president for the US (strange that his wife is american...well connected to her motherland) while there were the eastern influences with Yanukovich (sponsored by Putin) , Putin is not an yesman and this is outrageous for Washington , lets think about that 3 stupid women called pusse riot, who went in a cathedral , im an agnostic but i think you have to respect what the believers think is a holy place, they went in this cathedral to protest against Putin, they say, to make this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALS92big4TY

An they received 2 years of prison, thinking about italy if they made the same in S Pietro in Rome, no court , no jury, i think the catholic believers would have killed them on the place :-)

But all this was strumentalized to say :"Putin is a monster, he put them in prison for 2 years, you can't protest in Russia" The americans said :"too much for that action"...is russian law not us or italian or whatever, is funny because in usa after 3 crimes (you can also just steal for 3 times an apple ) you will be in jail for the rest of your life...

crazy crazy world , isn't it? :D