All general audio posts go here.
Anesthetise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Poland

Fuses

Unread post by Anesthetise »

http://www.inner-magazines.com/news/286 ... ryonizing/
Another Coconut-Audio-like bullshit, or..? Well, at least it is connected with electricity in amp, but in audible level? I don't know what to think about it really tbh, I just wanted to share, as recently there are many topics about fuses popping up on some Polish hi-fi forums.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Fuses

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Another of these daft blogs trying to be hi-fi mags. So how much was he paid for that :snooty:

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Haha, I just found a random fuse review, because it could be hard for you reading Polish forums ;) And it's going on like that for like half a year already, seems like we have a new trend here :3 That's why I don't really use Polish hi-fi forums anymore, compared to western-europe ones, not even mentioning this one, they are worthless.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Its early days, people will try to cash in. As they say cream always floats to the top eventually, we hope!

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Nothing will sound as good as no fuse.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I presume you mean hard wiring, as no fuse means no music :whistle: :mrgreen:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Either that or put a blank in.
I haven't gone down the RKR route on my current property yet, but Roy says it's the fuse that is a major bottle neck in the flow of electricity, and if you have all your hardware plugged into a extension strip/ block and that has its own plug and fuse then your doubling fuses on top of fuses

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Ummm ... do be careful when bypassing fuses. :angry-extinguishflame: They are generally there for a reason ... and you might invalidate your insurance as well!

I have some AMR fuses ... and yes, they do seem to change/improve the sound, ime, making the sound cleaner and more articulate, but also a bit leaner.
http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/html/goldfus ... idual.html
Canny marketeers that they are, they were giving away a free sample at the National Show a couple of years back - I was quite impressed by the result and bought 3 more.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

I use 15amp plugs so no fuses
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Now I try to be open minded , but I confess I struggle with "audiophile" mains fuses , both empirically , having tried some and heard no difference and practically .I can see the better construction , the better conductive metals used , but as far as I can see there is still a bog standard piece of 13 amp fuse wire running through the middle and connecting them up . I am prepared to be corrected , but the descriptions used by those who make them , make no mention of the wire which will actually blow ie the fuse wire and I am not aware of audiophile fuse wire as clearly is must blow at 13.01 amps or whatever .

This fact troubles me , but you never know do you .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.