Speaker positioning

All general audio posts go here.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Speaker positioning

Unread post by selby »

I'm sure the other day I saw a post where the Doc had mentioned a technique he learnt for positioning speakers (something to do with leaning over them and listening for the bass to lift)?

I've got bookshelf speakers and unfortunately for a long time will do as I don't have the space (sorry I mean wife) that will allow anything else...so whatever speakers I have will end up being on a unit that we have...any thoughts on positioning, isolation and don't recommend I lose the wife...

Not sure if the speakers would benefit from being position on rubber mats, blocks of wood/marble, heavy weights on the top of the speakers etc etc
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Speaker positioning

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Try it and tell me what you think.

Anesthetise
Been thanked: 0
Poland

Re: Speaker positioning

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Mine are placed with Audio Physic method, resulted in ~110cm in front of the back wall, and this gives better results than placing them close to wall as the Revolution Range's speakers placement guide say. Also, mine are standing on spikes -> granite 5cm pad -> laminate flooring (which is also a bit isolated by kind of sponge-thing you put under it).
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum