System Pictures....

All general audio posts go here.
Quarknosis

Re: System Pictures....

Unread post by Quarknosis »

George Hincapie wrote:Oh, looked at the Rega Saturn as well which is seemingly well regarded.
That's what I'm using at the moment. I haven't been able to compare it to a high end Sony player though. The Rega is a very good player, it has it's foibles as it sometimes takes a couple of attempts to read a disc but I am very happy with the music that I get with it feeding the rest of my system :grin: The Rega DAC is also very good in my opinion.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Quarknosis wrote:The Rega DAC is also very good in my opinion.
Better than the Beresford Caiman? I have a spare (MKII GFU) I can mail if you wish to compare.

I think that's probably where I am with CDP/CDT ATM. Either something like the Bel Canto or Cambridge CXC if I go down the CDT route, or the Rega Saturn or similar unit. So £300 - £1K.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Talking about Bel Canto and completely off topic I really recommend this (unless you hate opera) http://www.belcantolondon.co.uk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMIupwBFoZ8

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

looked at the Cyrus CDt transport ?

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

George Hincapie

Briefly saw a review for it last night - what do you think of it?

Quarknosis

George Hincapie wrote:
Quarknosis wrote:The Rega DAC is also very good in my opinion.
Better than the Beresford Caiman? I have a spare (MKII GFU) I can mail if you wish to compare.

I think that's probably where I am with CDP/CDT ATM. Either something like the Bel Canto or Cambridge CXC if I go down the CDT route, or the Rega Saturn or similar unit. So £300 - £1K.
I have a Caiman MKii and yes I prefer the Rega DAC over the Caiman with any previous player that I have owned. The Beresford DAC is now being used for it's headphone capability in another system. I might give it a try with the Saturn if I have time.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

George Hincapie

Quarknosis wrote:I have a Caiman MKii and yes I prefer the Rega DAC over the Caiman with any previous player that I have owned. The Beresford DAC is now being used for it's headphone capability in another system. I might give it a try with the Saturn if I have time.
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between them to your ears?

Quarknosis

I found the Rega warmer and more musical. I can't really say what is was about the Caiman that lost out to the Rega though.That was some time ago, before I got my NVA amps, the situation could be different now.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

southall-1998 wrote:AP10H/SR80 combo. CD Player is an old school heavy Sony 777.

S.

Looking back at these pictures makes me wish that I kept the AP10H. It's a very good headphone amp!

I had to sell the AP10H last month. To put funds towards a boiler repair. Will definitely buy another one soon, to use in the other spare room.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

George Hincapie

Shane. Shane. Shane. You only had it 5 minutes. Could you not have just put a jumper on? :cry: