Re: User review thread

Unread post by applemarc »

About £2500
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That is the real deal, if you look at what is under that massive solid wood plinth and real glass lid it is massively engineered, I prefer the look of it without the plinth.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/PIONEER/P3/P3.html

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Fuk........they just dont make em like they used too.....................Solid or what.
Not sure about the arm though.....Might be better with a RB300.......... :think: :lol:

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

They can be bought, but they're bloody rare. I suspect getting a good one to the UK from the US/Japan would cost £6k+. However, put that into context; against all the new uber-turntables out there, it's probably a bargain.
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Theo it is indeed prob a bargain.......
I think SME are starting to take the bloody piss sme30 now £16,000 - 12 version £24,000.....wtf ....get real... rather buy a Merc.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I have just read all 9 pages of this thread and would suggest it is one of the best on HFS. Especially jammy's contribution on page 1 :guiness;

Time to start this one up again ?
DIY FREE ZONE