User review thread

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

User review thread

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Come on give us a review of your system and your path to where it is now - don't just try and follow the usual magazine format, be individual (I am sure Jammy will be :mrgreen: )

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: User review thread

Unread post by jammy395 »

Mmmmmmhhhh, Going by what has preceeded concerning review's, i think it would be a brave man or a fool to attempt another...But wtf...I do love a challenge...... :whistle:
I will look forward with intrest and joy no doubt to any comments in reply........ :think:
I will keep this brief, and try not to ramble on too much.
I will try and review my system as a whole and not as any seperate components.
And lastly please dont be too hard on me if you think this is Bollock's - Beause.... IM NOT A REAL REVIEWER..... :hand:

sorry folks some things come up must dash return with review asap.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jammy395 wrote:Mmmmmmhhhh, Going by what has preceeded concerning review's, i think it would be a brave man or a fool to attempt another...But wtf...I do love a challenge...... :whistle:
I will look forward with intrest and joy no doubt to any comments in reply........ :think:
I will keep this brief, and try not to ramble on too much.
I will try and review my system as a whole and not as any seperate components.
And lastly please dont be too hard on me if you think this is Bollock's - Beause.... IM NOT A REAL REVIEWER..... :hand:

sorry folks some things come up must dash return with review asap.
You see you don't understand the point again. You are the *real* reviewer because you own it, these people you call real reviewer aren't, they are just hacks throwing words together to make a living, they have no love or care.

No matter what you write or how you write it cannot be criticised because it is *real*.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

jammy395 wrote:Mmmmmmhhhh, Going by what has preceeded concerning review's, i think it would be a brave man or a fool to attempt another...But wtf...I do love a challenge...... :whistle:
Well if you can put as much dramatic tension in you reviews as in that sentence, they'll be worth a read: brave man or a fool - which way is he going to jump? Tune in next week for the next thrilling episode. Bring it on jammy! :D
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

A LIGHT HEARTED REVIEW THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A BIT DIFFERENT...... :hand:

Well folks will kick this wee review off by saying that the Hi-Fi bug bit me approx 37 years ago.
And as anyone bitten by this blighter will tell you, It can be a right bastard to get rid of.
The ensuing infection can in fact in many case's be incurable and in extreme cases often fatal..!!!
Guess I was one of the lucky ones as the strain that bit me all those years ago seem's to have been
more detrimental to my wallet than my health...(Not easy coming from a Scotsman I can assure you).

As a result of my Illness...Nae Disease.

I have Swapped Boxes - Chopped & Changed Components - Tweeked this - Altered that, and have done
so compulsively for more years than I care to remember. All in search of the fabled H-Fi Nirvana the illusive
Holy Grail of System's, the one that sounds like Angel's singing...Well you get the picture...You know the goal...!!!

But for all you fellow sufferers out there - Take heart - Do not despair for I feel at long last I am on the road
(All be it slowly) to recovery. (THIS IS NOT A CURE - FOR THERE IS NO TRUE CURE)

I have binned the wobbly TTs. You know those suspended sub chassis belt driven monstrosities the Flat Earth brigade
sang the praise's of. You know the ones you could actualy hear the music speed up and slow down due to speed drift.
Those machines with rubber belt's that take more fettling than my wife to get on song..!!
Got a nice wee Jap DD TT now - Sounds nice and it behaves.

I have binned the Valve Amps & Hybrids. You know those Ornaments of Satan that his followers told you that sounded
so good you need only close your eyes and you would be there at the concert....!!!
Well they failed to tell you the concert would be the Crankies live at the Fisherman's Hall in Buckie and you would be seated
far Left just below the Tannoy Speaker Stack...!!!
Got a rather nice set of British Solid State Amplifier's now.....Sounds real....Sounds like Pink Floyd at the Royal Albert Hall Now.

I have binned my old Viper's (sorry) My old so called Interconnects and Speaker cables.....Now to be honest i didnt realy want to
change my cables yet again, But my choice of Amplification dictated i had too.
And Glory be I am pleased to say this one step alone has probably been the one to bring the greatest musical benifits to my system.
The detail Imaging and realism this has brought to the party is quite spooky..!!

Well perhaps I had best be stopping now before I begin to rant if I havent already - Still its been a bit of Hoot writing this.....I hope
youve had a wee chuckle as well.

No point listing System components - please see bottom of my post's.

As said I am slowly on the road to making a full recovery - There is I feel light at the end of the tunnel - Just remember you dont have
to chuck loads of cash at system components to achieve some amazing sounds, Just chuck a little cash at the good ones.

Jammy.
Last edited by jammy395 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Have 5 cans of Tennents and give us another version tonight :mrgreen: :D

But giggles aside, brill, now after the toe in the water, each time you get something new or make a system change (no matter what manufacturer or supplier) tell us how the system has changed for good or ill. Tell us by listening to a piece of music and describe the changes, that is all that is important.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

The Doc said...

"give us a review of your system and your path to where it is now".

Lorks - do we have the bandwidth?? :D

I promise I'll sit down over the next few days and try to come up with something. One thing I can guarantee is that not once will I mention 3D stereo image. :hand:
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

As long as you mention lots of music and forget trying to be Ken Kessler - but I am sure you wont try ;)

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:As long as you mention lots of music and forget trying to be Ken Kessler - but I am sure you wont try ;)
Gotcha. :)
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Wonderful review Jammy. Funniest and best review I have read in years. 5 cans of Tennants - you are joking that is just an aperitif :D What he needs are Black Bush chasers !