My hifi is a disaster 1 problem at a time .

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My hifi is a disaster 1 problem at a time .

Unread post by antonio66 »

His price is £235 plus postage, and a donor unit £80? Perhaps I can try and get to see you sometime Doc if you use a mc cartridge.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

antonio66 wrote:His price is £235 plus postage, and a donor unit £80? Perhaps I can try and get to see you sometime Doc if you use a mc cartridge.
price as gone up .

The original donor unit is no longer available new ,it as been upgraded to the cp2 and is £130 from richer sounds , not sure if gez modifys these. plenty of old ones on ebay.

and I think docs was assuming you used a MC Antonio

antonio66

Yes he can do the new CP2.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
antonio66 wrote:His price is £235 plus postage, and a donor unit £80? Perhaps I can try and get to see you sometime Doc if you use a mc cartridge.
price as gone up .

The original donor unit is no longer available new ,it as been upgraded to the cp2 and is £130 from richer sounds , not sure if gez modifys these. plenty of old ones on ebay.

and I think docs was assuming you used a MC Antonio
He is listing Lyra Helikon on his equipment list.

antonio66

I've still got the Lyra cartridge.

antonio66

Long time no update on the new plinth Mr. Quinn. :grin:

Daniel Quinn

Progress as been slow as childrens bedrooms need decorating . I have decided to get some practice in , the first plinth I make will form the basis of a new turntable isolation platform. And this is were I am up to . I will be making it high gloss white with a bit of luck, one of the cats didn't like it .

ImageImage

antonio66

High gloss white should look good.

Daniel Quinn

Well I thought I would detail my journey to play a record.

At present I can not walk and I am without a movable right arm. Essentially it means I can't get to my pt and If I could I could only look at it. Which is why it acts as a tormentor. It as stayed in the same place , beside the window in the front room, unfortunately the reaminder of the room as gone from music room to hospital room.

So I sit some eight feet away not able to stop the arm being moved by those closing the curtains. Occasionally I will look with bittersweet lust at how it can perform , but by and large I ignore it.

I am still at the position I was when I came home 8 weak ago, but that belies a whole host of little developments.

The point of this blog was to share my dissatisfaction with mainstream audio and my adventures in day, it now makes I hope is a temporary diversion so I can detail my struggle to play my HiFi, I do hope it will temporary but we will see.

So I continue my exercises

antonio66

Very sorry to hear you still cannot use your tt, it must be frustrating. Keep up with the exercises and hopefully things will improve. Good luck DQ.