Now thats what i call heatsinks..png (70.3 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Ah I thought so its Dynamite........ :guiness; :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Gotta luv those Heatsinks...!!!

Unread post by terrybooth »

Found this linked off that

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-viny ... 2373&rt=nc

Which of course begs the question, If it is so good, why is he selling it?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

terrybooth wrote:Found this linked off that

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-viny ... 2373&rt=nc

Which of course begs the question, If it is so good, why is he selling it?
Why does anyone sell anything? Could be any one of a number of reasons:

Moving to a smaller house that won't suit the system being sold
Divorce/job loss/some other factor requires liquidation of assets
Hearing loss means system can't be appreciated.

I expect it'll be difficult to sell a whole system like this in one go; the market for such estoteric equipment must be limited, and even in that limited market, most people will be looking to upgrade piecemeal.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Of course you are right Joe, my little irritation is to comments on sales posts about wonderfull product, when it is obvious they want rid of it and want something else. It is the salesman type dishonesty I always point to, and it is not necessary. The potential customer doesn't need to be bullshitted with :Bllocks: if he is interested he will buy it and it will be part of his exploration of product and experience the same as it was the sellers.

I have a thing about :Bllocks: salesmanship, I don't (or try not to) use it for new NVA let alone stuff I am selling on. It is simple all the potential buyer needs to know is that it is this item and it is for sale.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Indeed. I hate selling stuff for precisely that reason; all I can say is, 'it's such-and-such a model, it's X years old and it's in excellent/good/poor condition, and here's some pictures of it'; crafting purple prose for adverts is beyond me.

I'm also haunted by the fear that something I sell will immediately stop working, even if it was fine last time I used it. If I'm in any doubt, I'll give surplus stuff away, or offer it in exchange for a token charitable donation.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

I wonder about the entire thing:

Why would anyone spend an amount of money that would buy most of the country a decent house on hifi. It probably works no better than a lot of much cheaper kit and has no investment value/is poor at holding cash value (although arguably better than some consumer eletronics, like TVs, I guess). You could say that this is a statement based on jealousy and or people are free to spend their money how they like, which is true. However, it's all the marketing hyperbole and the repetition of that which really gets me.

Having got it, why get rid (if you don't have to). Is it because the dream you were chasing hasn't been acheived? Again, if so, I put this down to the marketing hyperbole?

Anyway, good luck to him and anyone who buys the kit. It won't be me.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Maybe he was an investment banker in the City and spent part of his annual bonus on hi-fi and has now lost his job so is looking to raise some funds, because he sure as hell isn't going to get anything back on all the coke and loose women he blew the rest of his bonus on?
With that sort of job he would have been too busy to properly investigate the world of hi-fi to see if he could have bought something better sounding for one hundredth of the price.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

terrybooth wrote:I wonder about the entire thing:

Why would anyone spend an amount of money that would buy most of the country a decent house on hifi. It probably works no better than a lot of much cheaper kit and has no investment value/is poor at holding cash value (although arguably better than some consumer eletronics, like TVs, I guess). You could say that this is a statement based on jealousy and or people are free to spend their money how they like, which is true. However, it's all the marketing hyperbole and the repetition of that which really gets me.

Having got it, why get rid (if you don't have to). Is it because the dream you were chasing hasn't been acheived? Again, if so, I put this down to the marketing hyperbole?

Anyway, good luck to him and anyone who buys the kit. It won't be me.
Because they are plain sad.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

That's Plain Sad & Minted Shane......... :twisted: