Small JPW Speakers Question.

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Small JPW Speakers Question.

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Silly question I know. But do small JPW speakers respond well to bigger amps? Or is overkill calling?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Small JPW Speakers Question.

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

ALL small speakers respond to overkill amps IF THEY'RE (the amps) GOOD ONES!!!!!!!!!

I'll never forget how a pair of Denon SCM7's were utterly transformed by being driven with a Krell FPB300 power amp. They took on a stature and 'scale' of reproduction I never believed possible from them.

It's my opinion that you just need to be careful with the volume control etc.. I mean, an AP10P driving low impedance headphones is definitely overkill as few headphones will take the 'full' 10W plus available. The series resistors help protect the amp, 'phones and ears, but still ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

southall-1998
Wales

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:ALL small speakers respond to overkill amps IF THEY'RE (the amps) GOOD ONES!!!!!!!!!

I'll never forget how a pair of Denon SCM7's were utterly transformed by being driven with a Krell FPB300 power amp. They took on a stature and 'scale' of reproduction I never believed possible from them.

It's my opinion that you just need to be careful with the volume control etc.. I mean, an AP10P driving low impedance headphones is definitely overkill as few headphones will take the 'full' 10W plus available. The series resistors help protect the amp, 'phones and ears, but still ;)
hubba-hubba !!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

English please :-?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

southall-1998
Wales

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:English please :-?
Oh flaming hell :roll: Google it man!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I just did.

"Once a very common expression, it isn't used much anymore, but it hasn't completely left us. "Hubba Hubba," as most of us already know, is an expression used by a man when he spots a good-looking, desirable woman. I can be used to communicate the sighting to a fellow man (or men), or he can use it to "compliment" the woman. It is rather like the old-fashioned classic "wolf whistle." Not used much anymore, but almost everyone knows what it means, as we see it in old movies.

The expression has also been used by women upon seeing a good-looking guy, but not nearly as often. It is campy, and will usually be taken in good humor.

The origin of the expression "Hubba Hubba" is very murky and nebulous. Some say it derives from the Chinese greeting "How pu how." It was first used by Army Air Corps personnel during World War II; they got it from Chinese pilots being trained in Florida. It was popularized by Bob Hope, who used to broadcast his weekly radio show from military bases. Hope often used military expressions to get laughs."

Well - I am confused, wheres the good lookin' chick then Shane :think: :mrgreen:

southall-1998
Wales

The Krell, she's big!! :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Do you like them big Shane

These are more fun

southall-1998
Wales

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Do you like them big Shane

These are more fun

Is that your wife? If so, you did well.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No didn't you get my meaning from the two pictures, do I have to spell it out. Fat - big tits - big arse - are not my thing. Life for me is quality not quantity in ALL things.