NVA AMPS HERE

All general audio posts go here.
Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA AMPS HERE

Unread post by Macca »

lonergan2468 wrote:The instructions state using a y connector at pre amp end..there fore the left and right via y to the phono in at sub end
That would be ideal - if you have a Y connector then use it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Now ignore me - Cause im a Jammy.

But just WTF is this thrad all about (No thrad will stand in honor of the worlds worst speller D.Q.)...... :guiness;

Isit who connects to REL wins A rcA but yoo HALF (mETRIC) Connectoins....and we aint got a f...Cloo

I give up but ...Sure someone will be along soon.... :angry-screaming:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I do know my equipment you know, I will repeat, you are dealing with a passive pre-amp, all three sets of outputs are JOINED TOGETHER in parallel. What you do to one will duplicate on the others. By mono-ing the signal from one of those sets of outputs you will mono them all!!!! so the signal going to the power amps will be mono.

The only way to do it I can see without mono-ing the signal is to use an isolation transformer with dual windings one side for the stereo in and a single winding on the other giving mono and not shorting the channels as a Y adapter will do.

See what a load of complicated bollocks subs are - I ask why do people use them :think: and in this case you have a set of power amps now capable of driving the Maggies at low frequencies. So I ask again - have you tried it without the sub with just the A80.s driving the Maggies.

jammy395

Keep it simple - Kill ugly wires.
Follow my simple mantra and your system can also sing like a ((Joe Cocker duet with Tom Wait's)).......As whispering Bob OGWT would say "LOVELY"
:grin:

lonergan2468

Unread post by lonergan2468 »

I have been running the system since yesterday..I really want the amps to run in for at least 20 hours. The can make a decision re maggies..though Maggies will not go below 40 HZ

lonergan2468

I got a y connector, and phono lead, again there was a hum changed the 180 phase convert switch, hum stopped......

lonergan2468

SO now the signal is mono..I give up.....will just remove the sub all together......

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

lonergan2468 wrote:I have been running the system since yesterday..I really want the amps to run in for at least 20 hours. The can make a decision re maggies..though Maggies will not go below 40 HZ
A 40hz wave is 28ft long, so unless you sit 28ft away from your speaker you will not hear it. All the sub is doing is giving bass doubling which is artificial nonsense and not part of the music.

jammy395

Well I have surfed smaller waves. :mrgreen:

L2468.....Keep it Simple.

To Complicate things is futile........

Junk the Subwoofer..... and just stick on some "Down Down Deeper and Down - Status Quo"......Job Done... :lol: :lol: :guiness;

lonergan2468

Really, just best to leave the amps run in...on their own...dont have to turn volume up that much as well..so is the amp going to work at full potential ????...notice they dont get even warm..?????