Colin Wonfor

All general audio posts go here.
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colin Wonfor

Unread post by brit-pop »

Colin,have you thought about crowd funding for these via a kickstarter campaign....

Jim Hagerman did for this for his Cornet tube phono, it seems low risk as you only commit to making the kits/goods once you've reached the funding level you require to make it feasible or worthwhile. It may also help you gauge the potential market and level of interest....

See the kickstarter here

I think PS audio also did one for their 'sprout' class D amp to test whether it was worth putting into production.

If you have a look, there are loads of audio projects in there. Most of them rubbish mind, but you get the idea anyway.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:And the cost for small scale production is prohibitive. And you still have to tell them.
I agree , my main point which was somewhat opaque ;) , was to concur that writing an instruction manual is so difficult you can actually do it as a full time job .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

And DQ you will note that MartinT says if he finds a cable better that the TQ he will do it, and then he say that the NVA LS7 equaled it, WELL LS7 is no more it has been upgraded (for the same price) to TSCS (The Speaker Cable Statement) which now includes a Faraday Cage along the length of the cable, so is better!!!!!!!!!!!!

So lets see if his statement is just bullshit.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Daniel Quinn wrote:there is a whole profession dedicated to writing instructions manuals .
Yep 'Technical Authors'
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

With on-line I think it is easier as he can solve problems through a construction blog. It is much easier than when I tried to do it. The problem / difference now is the world is more litigious, it will be dodgy here if anyone gets shocked or hurt, but I would not sell *anything* to the USA. A company there sold a OTL valve kit and someones house burnt down, they bankcrupted the company and its owners.

Good luck to the man, anything that takes the blood suckers out of the equation is a good thing, and if someone has the skills to build it, good luck to them. I don't remember anyone saying that Colin ever designed a bad amp.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Colin, you can be really naive, but often a serious skill in one direction like an artist leaves you open to exploitation. It has been shown in history. Most often there are people who know how to create things and there are people who know how to exploit things, it is not often they are the same person.
So so true, but I treat people I hope like I would like to be treated with respect, you and I and many others try but we all react in different ways. Me I feel sorry for them, and hope they enjoy their stay with "Old Harry" :lol:
It can be done so imagine it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well as you probably realise Colin, I am a fighter, I will not put up with the pricks!

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well as you probably realise Colin, I am a fighter, I will not put up with the pricks!
Good, and thank god. Life would be boring for lots of us if you had keeled over and given up, and why the f--k should you or I.
It can be done so imagine it.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Indeed, that's the spirt Colin! Keep on going mate, our hobby needs guy's like you, Richard, Les W and J7 et al.. It puts a real perspective on what can be achieved honestly.

Thanks for all your help with my Claymore from years back.. It's still going strong in my second system, a little gem it is I shall never part with it unless I fall on vey hard times and have no option.

Best wishes

Alfi (John R on pfm)
Last edited by Alfi on Tue May 05, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Colin Wonfor wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well as you probably realise Colin, I am a fighter, I will not put up with the pricks!
Good, and thank god. Life would be boring for lots of us if you had keeled over and given up, and why the f--k should you or I.
Well done lads, that is indeed the spirit we need...... :clap:
You have reminded me of a classic album i must dig out and play again.
Great Album.....jpg
Great Album.....jpg (93.63 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
:guiness;