Colin Wonfor

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well well well, isn't life interesting. In the Colin Wonfor thread he has posted a link to an interview where he confirms our postings about TQ being a bunch of rip-off shites :x Nice to be proved right out of the horses mouth. AND it seems the man has learnt from the Doc, he is going to sell direct via a forum from now on, trouble is the forum he has selected are that bunch of shites at Chews. They shit on us (well the owner and the two mods) four years ago, by trying to force this forum to close, as they had admin control. Uglymusic / Dave Rosam being the culprit. So from one bunch of shits he ties himself up with another bunch of shits, from the interview it looks like this is the story of his life.
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Wonfor14 (Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:52 pm)

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yep the TQ wankers did the dirty on Colin big style.......Shame on them. :evil: :naughty:
He has had it tough this while back, but glad to hear he's a fighter and is starting to bounce back.
Nice news about the direct sell, would keep well away from those Chews tossers though, thats got more fukin heartache written all over it......Maybe you can give him some sound advice doc.
All the best Col..... :guiness;

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Nobody on this forum will be daft enough to own Tq , but those that do should throw it in the bin , don't sell it , as it will live on ,throw it in the bin and take a photo and post it on Twitter ,facebook etc .

thereafter boycott it .
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Wonfor14 (Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:53 pm)

alfer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alfer »

Too late. After months of puttting up with their Black speaker cable I sold it (for a nominal fee) and the purchaser was still happy.

Vile stuff made me almost believe in burn in/out. So artificial in it's sound
AtoZ

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

The Doc's KISS and mine are very different has our ladies in our lives would tell you, my Lady is a SECA designs and concepts, I started to use in the late 1970's.
It started life has a dynamic load used to test CUK converters I had to design for MIL SPEC airborne PSU's when I was based in Southampton.
The original was only 12W and in box from RS, the same box the original Albarry's used, God did they get hot. In those dark days FET's were to be honest crap thank goodness improvement have been made.

Star Earth yep nightmare DOC so many folk get it very badly wrong the should look at Kirchhoff's Law ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirchhoff's_circuit_laws ).
As to Tellurium Q well life a bitch and bastards make it worse.

So I will be writing a wee bit for Answers but I will not be selling direct, to much paperwork I rather build and play with new idea but not Digital Lies designs (cough, spit,puke) sorry about on/off does that to me in start up.

Anyway read on gentle not rude comments please (yer right) :- http://www.hifianswers.com/2015/04/coli ... -straight/

Now for :Bllocks: from TQ to deal with. And not the cable designs I suspect in Munich this year the patented "M Channel" cable range will pushed on to the public another one of mine sorry lads.

Bye best Col
It can be done so imagine it.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Well well Geoff the M.D. self appointed from TQ has looked me up on Linkedln lets all look him up he will love it.
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i ... DJhthQNmI1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I find the SECA concept fascinating and admire you for creating it, but for me it is just too loony fringe, but there are loony fringe customers out there. That much wasted current, that much heat, that much size and weight for what *I* perceive of as not enough of a potential advantage. Though at least you are telling the truth and actually producing a real Class A solid state amp and not a con highly biased AB. I gave up on FETS (Toshiba) in 1993 as the miss match between the pos and neg devices just ferked everything up musically, the on res was just too high, but you are only using one half I presume so no problem with that.

Regarding direct sales, that is what your chief arse lickers at Chews (or should that be arse chewers) are saying and that they are involved in it. All direct sale means is no retail shops.
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Wonfor14 (Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:53 pm)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sorry mate link don't work as I don't have your password. Just copy and paste the text here.

You have support here Colin as we are champions of the victims of the crooks in this industry, of which there are far far too many.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I find the SECA concept fascinating and admire you for creating it, but for me it is just too loony fringe, but there are loony fringe customers out there. That much wasted current, that much heat, that much size and weight for what *I* perceive of as not enough of a potential advantage. Though at least you are telling the truth and actually producing a real Class A solid state amp and not a con highly biased AB. I gave up on FETS (Toshiba) in 1993 as the miss match between the pos and neg devices just ferked everything up musically, the on res was just too high, but you are only using one half I presume so no problem with that.

Regarding direct sales, that is what your chief arse lickers at Chews (or should that be arse chewers) are saying and that they are involved in it. All direct sale means is no retail shops.
The Toshiba and the other FET's produced in Japan were a pain to use at times but they had crap SOA and the manufactures wanted them driven by low speed high current transistor so most sounded crap.
I used the big IR240 in TO3 for the first ones but now use IXYS in TO264 and in smaller amps I use On-Semi FETS.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Sorry mate link don't work as I don't have your password. Just copy and paste the text here.

You have support here Colin as we are champions of the victims of the crooks in this industry, of which there are far far too many.
It can certainly makes one bitter, but life is to short and for me it was going to be shorter, I wonder If I could use FET's to replace heart mechanics mmmm Tick Tick Tick

Well of to have a coffee and chat my lady of law up, god they are so expensive. And that just the coffee. :angry-fire: