What are my Allison 6 worth?

All general audio posts go here.
jimbob
Great Britain

What are my Allison 6 worth?

Unread post by jimbob »

With an unplanned wedding in September and no money saved up for the wedding there is a possibility that I may have to sell my doc mod Allison 6s to raise a bit of money. Seen as I have no never seen another pair of these for sale I have no idea of their value. What do you guys think would be a fair price if I end up having to sell them?
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What are my Allison 6 worth?

Unread post by jammy395 »

That's a toughie Jimbob :think: but as long as you get enough for.....

1 night Blackpool honeymoon.
1 bottle of Bubbly.
1 brass curtain ring.

I guess that's all ya really need, although yer future Missus may have other ideas. :!:

Quick Loan @ 876% APR....... :shock: :lol: :guiness;

Seriously though, don't sweat it enjoy yer big day. :shock:

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Haha luckily for me my partner has the same outlook on life as me and isn't materialistic so we have decided on a simple woodland themed wedding. Even a simple wedding will not come without a little bit of expense and it has been very much a case of just deciding over weekend that we would get married in a few months with nothing in the way of planning and saving. It's a shame to have to sell them but they are just speakers at the end of the day and they can be replaced. I will have a think and put them on eBay this weekend if I get a chance.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

jimbob wrote:but they are just speakers at the end of the day and they can be replaced.
:o

Put them up on HFS as well; they're similar to a refurbished set of mk.1 Cubes - readers here will be more familiar with the concept and appreciative of what the Allison's can do.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That is your problem , your will not get what they are worth .

any collector will not be interested as they are modified and anybody else will not appreciate what good speakers they are , I doubt you would get more than £150 for them and it will cost you more than that to replace them . Keep them and sell something you do not need . As you are getting married you can sell your testicles :lol:

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Haha true true. I may put them on here and see what happens.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Fretless wrote:
jimbob wrote:but they are just speakers at the end of the day and they can be replaced.
:o

Put them up on HFS as well; they're similar to a refurbished set of mk.1 Cubes - readers here will be more familiar with the concept and appreciative of what the Allison's can do.
I could always buy a pair of NVA cubes after the wedding plus I do still have my project to get on with so I'm still staying faithful to the cube!