My 'nearly' new PT Too

All general audio posts go here.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: My 'nearly' new PT Too

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Pardon, you mean the cable tie as pictured and the holes in the sub-chassis together with cam washers to help set the fecking thing up? Nothing at all to do with Linn. I give up, I really do. Wish I hadn't bothered now :cry:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

O Dave.

You try and keep alive a point vis a vis cable dressing long after its lost its relevancy and then you flounce off when some one gets fed up of your irrelevant points.

If you knew anything about PTs you would immediately understand what an insight letting the cable fall free is. It took me months of fucking about with it before I had the eureka moment of drilling a hole in the shelf. A solution zebbo came to all on his own using his own intelligence not received instruction.

PS . whilst irrelevant I liked the photos of another tt

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

OK, you and Zebbo - and now Dave, will drill and have drilled holes in shelves and furniture to let their cables hang free. Great for them and you - well done :) But what if the deck needs to be moved, or, heaven forbid, transported somewhere? No problem, perhaps Arthur does or did this too. I never sold PT until the Tarantella days so don't know, apart from the fact the Tarantella was claimed by PT staff to me to be better than the springy ones that went before - I couldn't quite accept that, so my bad probably.

You like see something else on another turntable? Well just one then, taken to help someone in need as my words cannot explain totally - and then I'll let this thread continue without further crapping on my part... This how a Lab 80 auto trips

And that pic couldn't be further from a PT if it tried :lol:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

My Anniversary comes with a "flexi-link" which dispenses with an arm cable and terminates to RCA sockets on the back of the turntable. This makes suspension set up so much easier.

A neat idea which should be possible to copy, if you are not too concerned about changing the originality of your deck
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

When I had my Audiomods arm built I had it wired directly to the RCA sockets and it is the perfect set-up. However the WB arm comes with a captive lead and I didn't want to start cutting it about.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

"OK, you and Zebbo - and now Dave, will drill and have drilled holes in shelves and furniture to let their cables hang free. Great for them and you - well done :)"

Zebbo is of course a professional carpenter , whilst "drilling holes in furniture would apply to me , I suspect that is doing zebbo a disservice . ;)

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Drilling a hole in the support under my turntable isn't an option. The shelf is toughened glass! Probably not ideal but there are large rubber isolators between it and the plinth so plenty of room for the cable to exit.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Daniel Quinn wrote:"OK, you and Zebbo - and now Dave, will drill and have drilled holes in shelves and furniture to let their cables hang free. Great for them and you - well done :)"

Zebbo is of course a professional carpenter , whilst "drilling holes in furniture would apply to me , I suspect that is doing zebbo a disservice . ;)
:lol: No, it is just a hole made with a hole saw. I'm not sure I would have done it in anything other than the top of my rack, (rack? Boo hiss !!), which I had replaced with 20mm black acrylic. It was originally toughened glass and changing to the 20mm acrylic gave an appreciable improvement in SQ, I kid you not. :grin:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

I am with you on Glass .I have never liked my TT on glass and I have tried it in my variations and rooms .