All general audio posts go here.
SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: new speakers....again!

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

OOPS! :oops:
Sorry Mick,

I'm in South Yorkshire.

PMs are now turned on so you can contact me re the speakers.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
jayman67 wrote:i have to agree with that,i tried and kept coming back to the yamaha normal position :guiness;
If you prefer that, then fine, but I didn't make those comments lightly. I bet that if you set them to where I suggested, they sound more like the Signifers, don't they? The Ditton 66's would probably be too far in the other direction I suspect, but I never owned a pair or had friends with some at home, as I did with the Signifers.
The use of these attenuators must surely be location and person dependant , I therefore [ with all necessary due respect } fail to see the relevance of your findings ,beyond the simple fact this is how you preferred to listen to them .You are once again tittering of the edge of telling some one else there is a best way to listen to them.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Don't be so hard DQ the OP was asking for advice and experience for the settings.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I considered that before I responded and had dave simply left his first post as was then I would not have commented .

I like many others are always interested to read Dave's personal experience ,unlike others { perhaps} I am particularly sensitive to his desire to elevate his opinion to the status of fact without evidence . ;)