All change on the TT front

All general audio posts go here.
jayman67
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: All change on the TT front

Unread post by jayman67 »

very nice mate :)
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ta. :grin:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Chunk McDaniel

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Seriously good work Zebbo. Looks fantastic, never heard an idler turntable but would love a go at a project one day.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

You won't want go hear this right now but You'll regret selling the Anniversary, somewhere down the line. I'd give it 12 months. It's inevitable.

Good luck with your new deck though.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

How do you know, have you heard his turntable, it seems to me he has experience you don't have.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'm open to all opinions and remarks, not a problem.
It wasn't an easy decision by any means and there are some things that the Garrard just cannot do as well as the Pink. I changed turntables 3 times before I made my decision. If I had a money tree in the back garden I'd keep it but I haven't and I just can't afford to have a two grand turntable in my loft.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

BTW how is the big bastard doing :mrgreen:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I don't get much time for my music most of the time. I have arranged an evening with a couple of mates coming round on Thursday evening to have a serious A/B comparison with my phono 2. I wasn't going to listen to it beforehand but I couldn't resist! I've only played a couple of albums but it does seem to have a "naturalness" beyond that of my 2. The noise floor seems to have disappeared completely and there is no sense of any limit to headroom what so ever. My plan is to listen to as much material as possible before dropping back the Phono 2 to compare. I find it easier doing it that way.

kimangelis
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Am I correct in that you paid £1000 for an ex-demo cartridge?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Yes - Koetsu Black Goldline