Connecting a TT

All general audio posts go here.
George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connecting a TT

Unread post by George Hincapie »

One option I'm considering at the moment is replacing my DAC, Streamer and P90SA with a single unit containing that functionality. If I do, how would I connect the RCA cables from a phono stage to my A80s and control the volume in future? I suspect the answer is that I'd have to keep the preamp?

antonio66

Re: Connecting a TT

Unread post by antonio66 »

For now you will have to connect your TT to a phonostage and then to your P90sa. I know you can purchase a dac with a volume control and has a separate analogue input to which you would use to connect to the phonostage. Benchmark I believe are one example. I do not know of any DAC/Streamers with volume control and extra analogue input although it is quite possible they are out there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:27 pm One option I'm considering at the moment is replacing my DAC, Streamer and P90SA with a single unit containing that functionality. If I do, how would I connect the RCA cables from a phono stage to my A80s and control the volume in future? I suspect the answer is that I'd have to keep the preamp?
Keep the pre-amp it is an important part of the system and what it does.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

You can say that again :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Thanks chaps.