Arkless / Cambs Audio 640p phono stage

All general audio posts go here.
despearce
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Arkless / Cambs Audio 640p phono stage

Unread post by despearce »

colinwil wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:53 pm may be too far away doc, its in Scunthorpe. If not feel free. (Sorry for the delayed reply- been working at a fishing lake all day) It would be interesting to try Des's new phon0 against the ios, and yours. At the moment we have around 15 or 16 people attending. Its more social, piss takeing and music, but we can and do turn our ears into serious mode when required. As Des said earlier, the arkless was compared to a few stages at one of Des's doo's and did not really fair that well. As Des thinks his new stage is better than the last one, it will be interesting to have a play with it. As it's DIY the chances of me building one are remote, I can never remember which end of the iron gets hot.
It feels like both ends get hot sometimes! I'm about to add a valve buffer to the dac so can bring that along as well if you want?
Analogue source Sony PS-6750, AT OC9ii/ml, DIY Salas Simple folded phono stage.
Digital DIY DDDac1794
Amp DIY Single Ended EL84 Amp
SpeakersDIY Bastanis Wildhorn.

colinwil

Unread post by colinwil »

not a bad idea, my streaming set up has been getting a bit more use recently. Roon and Tidal make it so easy to roam around different music. Is it USB or coax?

despearce

Coax with inbuilt streamer (Ethernet into power line plug)....
Digital DIY DDDac1794

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Scunthorpe always sounds like the end of the universe, where monster live :mrgreen:

But I can always send stuff if wanted. I have been trying like mad to get a bake-off culture going here but with little success and was blocked out of the really good one at Wigwam.

Why is it most hi-fi enthusiasts seem to live north of Lincs.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:10 pm Scunthorpe always sounds like the end of the universe, where monster live :mrgreen:

But I can always send stuff if wanted. I have been trying like mad to get a bake-off culture going here but with little success and was blocked out of the really good one at Wigwam.

...and south of Hadrian's wall, :grin: sounds like a good wee group that,
like the not too serious nature of it and out of the relaxed gum bumping,
something grabs you and takes your attention to make you listen intentively,
i always prefer that than the serious arse on seat fixated listening mode.
Frank...made me do it.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Yeah, sounds gòod.

All about the music with no vested interests. The hifi forums are so full of agendas and bullshit this get together sounds wonderful.
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 am Yeah, sounds gòod.

All about the music with no vested interests. The hifi forums are so full of agendas and bullshit this get together sounds wonderful.
A previous post indicates that music lovers are deserting hi-fi forums because of the commercial interests and agendas. This place is a breath of fresh air in a sewer. What goes on is being exposed here. Long may it continue, although DQ is currently on the bench receiving treatment.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

colinwil

Unread post by colinwil »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:10 pm Scunthorpe always sounds like the end of the universe, where monster live :mrgreen:

I don't know about all living North of Lincs, but certainly a number of the sociable one's do.
As to Monsters, we have one or two, The Dragonby Dragon http://www.stone-circles.org.uk/stone/dragonby.htm is probably the most noteable. We don't have as many since they changed the slag tipping methods at the steel works. We don't get half as many really impressive ''sunsets'' any more. The towns moto is the heavens reflect our labours, which was certainly true for a lot of years.

despearce

colinwil wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 am

I don't know about all living North of Lincs, but certainly a number of the sociable one's do.
As to Monsters, we have one or two, The Dragonby Dragon http://www.stone-circles.org.uk/stone/dragonby.htm is probably the most noteable. We don't have as many since they changed the slag tipping methods at the steel works. We don't get half as many really impressive ''sunsets'' any more. The towns moto is the heavens reflect our labours, which was certainly true for a lot of years.
It's odd I don't consider any of Lincolnshire as being North yet in fact sunny Scunny is in fact north of my bit of "Gods own Country", although I doubt he'd be allowed in here as he's not really opinionated enough.....

Oh and have you seen some of the women where you live? Excluding the lovely Mags of course :)
Digital DIY DDDac1794

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't notice them as I have the most beautiful of women as my wife.