All general audio posts go here.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Wiring problem (for me).

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello all.

Just set up my kit once more after the move. Some years ago Jammy (where is he by the way?) wrote and told me how to wire the headphone amp into the pre-amp so I can use my cans without having to physically re-connect the cables from the DAC into the headphone amp.

I have a mental block about such things so cannot work it out. Any help is appreciated.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Re: Wiring problem (for me).

Right... I've seen Jammy's comments on the SnakeOil website, so it looks like he's a gonner.

Does ANYONE know how to wire up an AP50 so that I can use the headphone amp without swapping over cables?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Tape output (which is fixed level) on the P50 to the input on the Jammy AP10H.

Just remember the output of one unit goes to the input of another. Keep volume controls down and you shouldn't go wrong...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

kimangelis
Great Britain

Many thanks Sir.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Hello again.

That didn't work. I have the phono outputs from my DAC connected to the CD input of the P50. Then I have a pair of SP's between the Tape Out on the P50 to the inputs on the AP10H JS. Nothing when I have the selector set to CD or Tape.