Power Conditioner

All general audio posts go here.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Power Conditioner

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

That filtered mains block may be fine for source components, digital ones especially and those with switching supplies, as I remember some spraying shit back into the mains (early Linn Brilliant supplies were awful for this I remember, these units needing to be switched off when not in use to save interfering with the rest of the system, despite sending a fairly clean signal to the circuits they were supplying). I use a 4A rated Croft-made filter and 6A rated Roxburgh filters (once marketed for five times the 'Farnell' price as the Chord Clearway), but never on amps and nowhere near any NVA gear ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Dave, glad to see you posting again.
Frank...made me do it.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 pm I have had a look on the Mark Grant web site. Is that a joke? How can someone charge so much for a power cable? There seems to be one from Wonfor Audio; is that Colin from this forum? If so, I'd be interested to know how a power cable is worth £315. What exactly does it do over and above normal kettle leads to justify that price?
RFI shielding, using screen and magnetic shielding using ah that would give it away and fast cable to allow fast peak current demands. high capacitance plus large build in common mode choke without the lump. :twisted:
2700VAC insulation and fire retarded material. :grin:
Material cost are high and so are the connections either Ag or Au plated. :grin:
Does this help?
Oh and it is real sod to assembly just ark Mark Grant and wait for the lovely swear words. It take time not just a 10mins like the plug and socket and lead for you kettle bought from Amazon. :grin:
Anymore I can help with please ask, some question I will not answer has I have given away to much in the past to real arseholes before. :angry-fire:
It can be done so imagine it.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Just a thought:-

We are offering LS25 speaker cables of the shelf.

To order contact cj14wonfor@gmail.com

The UK will be post free. Other countries please advise.
All cable are in pairs with Z Type M4 banana plugs

LS25 2M £426.00
LS25 3M £576.00

All prices including VAT

Mains Cable to follow not in pairs.
It can be done so imagine it.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

HI _D_S_J_R_
Do you mean something like this:
http://uk.farnell.com/roxburgh/pmf6/fil ... dp/1101097
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Yes. When I bought my first two, they were £200 Chord Co Clearway filters and I got mine at usual trade price of 60% off (usual cable dealer margins). I then discovered that Farnell Element 14 sold them and ten years ago they were £36 + VAT...

Maybe not for you, but they're fine here on the digital sources (my Micro Seiki CD player and both supplies for the QED ton-up Digit Opto) and in fact here, they made beggar-all difference unlike previous homes we've lived in where I felt the sound better with them.

If you decide to try one, only have it on the Black Box, which may appreciate it...

P.S. I do also have somewhere an old croft 2A rated filter along similar lines and this one DID get in the way unless it was used on a turntable motor for example...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...