Arkless Phono Stage Comparison and Impressions.

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Arkless Phono Stage Comparison and Impressions.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

OFF TOPIC

I got quite an expert about 20 years ago. There is differences between Persian (Iran) and Azarbaijan, but the Qashqai are Azerbaijan people from Northern Iran and there is a virtual open border, carpets and rugs go back and forth. The modern ones like your one use chemical dyes, I had some pre 1st world war ones which have vegetable dyes they are most valuable and sort after. My best one I sold 10 years ago for £1200, it is worth over £2000 now. If you know the symbolism you can pin it down even to the village that made it.

EDIT just did some searching about the symbols. Classic Caucasus lozenge design. So it can't be Qashqui they are people near the Afghan border, sorry I mixed them up. If this was made in Iran it would have been around Tabriz as they are Azerbaijan people. I used to have book that would have pinned it down to a village or maker if I had the full photo, but can't find the book. It is still probably packed in a box somewhere from our move 3 years ago.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Arkless Phono Stage Comparison and Impressions.

Unread post by savvypaul »

Ah, that's interesting. It is handwritten Qashqai on the label on the back. My antique dealer friend gave it to me as a thank you for a manor house clearance that I got for him.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/