Hi Fi Answers

All general audio posts go here.
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: Hi Fi Answers

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Doc like you I have been and still being ignored by the press. I believe this is due to others paying loads of money in adverts and we the public are getting a blinkered view of the world of music and Hi-fi, money talk honesty walks.

Nether the less the review is good about cars I think. And you are on there list like me that is great.

Car review I think
It can be done so imagine it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So why does anyone think this knobheads opinion is worth anything and Howards not much more. Just ignore them Colin the only honest and good reviewers are your customers.

The magazines mostly ignore me, but I completely ignore them, apart from one person who I let listen - Paul Messenger as he is a mate of long standing. I used to get contact from them asking for product but not any more as they know what I will say. Like retailers the sooner they die out the better. That is why I get so insulting about the new blogs like Answers, Pig and Wigwam, just trying to perpetuate the disease onto on-line. They are just after the slurp, it has absolutely nothing to do with honesty, and the people they use are a joke. Even Jerry was better than most of them, who the hell do they think they are, they have no authority, your customer has authority.

Long live *proper* hi-fi forums, death to slurping commercial blogs.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It's a strange review and while overall positive I'm left without a clue as to how Colin's amps sound. Padded out with superfluous twaddle about other products and cars liked.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I would see it as an insult if they decide to write about me or something NVA - worthless dribble.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Colin your work deserves better than this.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

in the end it is the product which counts ,promotion matters not .

unfortunately , magazines -on-line or paper- promote the payer so ones talent is lost

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

These are the real reviews - the ONLY ones with any worth.

https://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46556

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:27 pm Colin your work deserves better than this.
It seems not,with the way I feel now I am going to rethink what the hell I am doing trying to make things sound better than the junk we see everyday in shops made without feelings for music just the bucks in the pocket.

I will now just say thanks lads for all you comments bad and good and bye. :guiness;
It can be done so imagine it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Then they win Colin. You are spreading your self too thin, you need two things, something that is known as musically excellent and at a price people can't ignore. By far your best known product is the Claymore. Make a new updated version and if you take my advice use acrylic case so you can go class II it will make production and meeting the regs far easier, sell them direct on ebay and talk about them on forums offering one for any Bake-Offs or home loans. Don't get any other partners who want to make a living off you - keep it all for yourself. That way you can make a decent living when it builds up, and if it is good enough it will sell but mainly because you will be selling at half the price you do now. Add cables as you get going, that is all I did, but I have 12 year start on you since I went direct. Feck the rest of them just enjoy yourself doing what you are good at, you keep falling under the influence of some knob head who wants to use you.

Also if you are genuinly direct you get your forum room back here.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Wise words Doc. :clap:
Colin you are well liked and a respected designer.