Hi-Fi Honesty

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hi-Fi Honesty

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Stop making excuses and address reality.

IMO there is nothing that can be defended in the bahaviour of those flat earth dealers you worked for - simply they helped ruin our industry.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 pm ...Lindsay, Ash disappeared from HDD forum for many months until someone had made up a speaker using Jordan Eikona drivers and really liked them, raving about it on HDD and selling his AVI actives. At this time, there was growing unrest about the change of selling tack and lack of communication by the company now they'd moved a fair way (physically and spiritually) from Ash's direct influence. I have it on good authority that a few pairs of AVI active speakers were sold to accommodate them and this, coupled with the moans about lack of communication, apparently caused complaints. Ash found out and went ballistic, coming back to the forum in the Summer and basically taking it back over as an AVI forum, altering the general forum name as well and leaving no doubt as to its main purpose and threatening to close it down when the licence comes up early next year, which may still happen for all I know. The 'Jordan building' people have largely left it now as was suggested and now the 'cleansing' job is done, Ash has all but disappeared again, the forum now much quieter than it used to be but still with used AVI speakers being quietly sold and discussed there.

Sorry for the stuff above people, but I keep feeling I have to defend myself all the time and that long standing experiences don't jive with some of you (no one likes being called an ignorant brainwashed prat, which is how I took it). I thought I'd learned not to post much here but the temptation is too strong sometimes, especially when I was working for a non Linn/Naim dealer in the mid 70's who came to take them on in late '78 and thought I'd share my experiences, as they weren't typical.
DSJR, http://hddaudio.net/mb/search.php?actio ... =0&page=93

Searching all posts by Ashley James and flicking through them 2 pages at a time indicates that he has made multiple posts every month since September 2016. I have no doubt that if I were to go back further it would show that he's made multiple posts per month every month since the AVI forum was started.

There has been no period in which he has disappeared for several months.

Lindsayt
Nauru

...and here's someone else's opinion of the Technics SL-150:

https://zstereo.co.uk/2015/05/27/technics-sl-150/

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 pm
Guy (I think) is a keen LP12 supporter and we don't put him down, we say we think he is wrong and exxplain why and he says why he thinks he is right and explains why.

You misinterpret that forum message, the same as all other do who want to use it. It refers to other forums trying to shut you up if they don't agree with what you hear, it happens mostly on PFM but other forums are guilty IT DOES NOT STOP OPINION.
I'd go with that - I love my LP12 (don't love Linn though).

I have had more put downs on the Linn forum than here - for daring to suggest that the Heed is a better power supply than the Valhalla, for liking the "plattamat" better than the Linn felt one etc etc.

Jammy, late of this parish, went for me about the LP12 at first but we became friends (I think) on the forum because I didn't "take the bait". Even the Doc has been perfectly charming and hospitable to me when we have met (even though he looks on the works of Linn as being the work of the devil).
The important thing is, have you chosen your equipment because you appreciate it, or because someone has told you that you should.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

As we come around to Nov 5th I have this re-occurring dream of every LP12 ever made being piled high in a bonfire and fireworks going off as I watch them all burn. Maybe with an Ivor dummy on the top as the guy :mrgreen:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

As long as I'm not the "Guy"
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:12 pm As we come around to Nov 5th I have this re-occurring dream of every LP12 ever made being piled high in a bonfire and fireworks going off I watch them all burn. Maybe with an Ivor dummy on the top as the Guy :mrgreen:
Now, to really enjoy the full potential of your bonfires, you need our 'K-arson' upgrade...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just needs liberal sprinkling of *K*erosene.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

That's plain barbarik. :lol:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Will there be Roman Kandles, Rokkets, and Katherine Wheels at this bonfire party?

Katherine being a Ivor's dizzy daughter. :roll: