Streamers

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Streamers

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It all seems so complicated and most of that to do with phones just makes my brain cloud over. I am just sitting here and listening to good music. I don't even choose it, it just keeps coming to me as nice surprises of many thing I have never heard before. I have never been keen on Jazz but Radio Swiss Jazz doesn't seem to play the nonsense out of tune crap like some of it is, broad scope of big band, through trad, to well loads of different stuff. I have been on that for a couple of days. I just work and enjoy music, what more can you want.

The last thing on this planet I want to do is stare at a phone screen. It reminds me of those eeediots who keep walking into me - living your life on a phone - what complete bollocks.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The app really is a piece of cake to use.

I have been streaming Radio Swiss Jazz - and added to my favourites. 3 seconds to get Radio Swiss playing from when I open the app. If I hear a track on Swiss that I like I can click on the artist name and the app then shows me all their albums on Qobuz and Spotify, all ready to play through the streamer. If i hold my finger on the image I get the 'sleeve notes' and artist bio.

Sometimes I select the genres from my collection that I want to listen to and then let the app play tracks at random.

You can also use the app on a tablet or PC...it's fab on a tablet beside me on the sofa :grin:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Savvy you are modern man, what you are saying I would enjoy fills me with horror, what a waste of my time, again staring at a phone screen instead of listening to music. Me mate - I am a dinosaur, I hate all this phone bollocks with a vengeance. No one will convince to me to join in. I have enough problems coping with this laptop, that is enough for me. If I want to faff around I will do it with records and CDs.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Laptop ---> Audioquest Dragonfly Red ----> Amplifier. Served by either JRiver MediaCenter or Foobar running off the laptop. Very simple & fine SQ. Phones are a necessary evil and I use mine to make and receive calls only - none of this smartphone malarkey. As for texting - I may have sent three in my life.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The AudioQuest Jitterbug is a USB plug that goes into a laptop socket and then you plug the USB cable to your SPDIF convertor into it. The function of the J-bug is to clean the electronic noise from the computer out of the system and to ensure the integrity of the digital audio signal.

Improves SQ and worth the money.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have been trying for months with it seems little hope of convincing anyone I have found a bargain that anyone can join in with, I first showed a version of it into my (ex) Sony Dac two years ago to DSJR. Doesn't anyone want to play music from their pooter with high levels of SQ (as good as I have heard from a computer) for under £100 inc cables, dac, everything - daft if you don't. What I have needs nothing else.

I have also found a CD bargain but I am keeping that to myself. Those that sneaked a look when visiting keep it to themselves, I am collecting them.

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm I have been trying for months with it seems little hope of convincing anyone I have found a bargain that anyone can join in with, I first showed a version of it into my (ex) Sony Dac two years ago to DSJR. Doesn't anyone want to play music from their pooter with high levels of SQ (as good as I have heard from a computer) for under £100 inc cables, dac, everything - daft if you don't. What I have needs nothing else.
I tried one of these and it certainly was a step up in quality from the audio output on my MacBook. (I think i did a review somewhere) but I didn't try an improved power supply. Instead I "upgraded" to a DAC 3 from George Hincapie on here. I will resurrect it and try it with a better power source as a comparison to what I've got now.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm I have been trying for months with it seems little hope of convincing anyone I have found a bargain that anyone can join in with, I first showed a version of it into my (ex) Sony Dac two years ago to DSJR. Doesn't anyone want to play music from their pooter with high levels of SQ (as good as I have heard from a computer) for under £100 inc cables, dac, everything - daft if you don't. What I have needs nothing else.

I have also found a CD bargain but I am keeping that to myself. Those that sneaked a look when visiting keep it to themselves, I am collecting them.
I am happy enough to use an iPod in the car but at home I listen to Radio 3 or CDs plus the occasional LP or Tape. More often that not I don't have any music on at all. If you are happy with your solution, stick with it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is the whole system that works not part of it, it is a synergy.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK I give up, I gave up before with it I will give up again, all I doing is pointing at a bargain, but I don't make them, I am not looking to be a digital guru. I will stay out of it in future.