Joining The Party

All general audio posts go here.
Lotus Seven S
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joining The Party

Unread post by Lotus Seven S »

Oh!

Just thought of another slice'n and dice'n....

You guys appear to be slightly disgruntled with some of the other fora i England.....Well, we also have some problems in Denmark. The most famous forum changed hands and, let's say the centre didn't hold. There have been several purges and exoduses. The owner gladly changes people's posts without telling them and banishes them if they dare to peep up. This is probably par for the course. But this guy has gone one further. Probably after reading his first book ever (Psychology for Dummies) he invented a new concept and immediately began applying it without of course telling anyone about it. He now applied his editorial skills to the classified ads - with spectacular results. Because he now knew there was something called A Psychological Price - and he didn't like psychological prices. They were not honest. They were cheating. So suppose you were selling a Krell for 2500 pounds - next time you looked at your ad, you would now discover that it was being sold for 1800 pounds or maybe 3000 pounds. He applied this new rule haphazardly and no-one could get him to define A Real Price other than whatever popped up in his head.

Maybe listening to music damages your brain, and there should be hazard warnings before every track of music???

S.
I am not a number. I am a free man

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You are just as bad, as you are applying assumptions and creating your own truths. This seems to be YOUR habit as seen on your other thread.

Elsewhere on the Web is a room on this forum, and it does what it says on the tin, it is not a forum room for attacking other forums, it is for commenting on and pointing at other things people find on the web. It has become a little other forum centric due to similar, but not as extreme, forum problems as you have found.

Its prime motive is not to change but to point at.

Lotus Seven S

Definitely Confused Doc.

Are you saying my last post should have been posted on another thread? I thought I was just following up on the theme "slicing and dicing". I must admit to not having noticed a very hard "on-topic" culture here. And in a sense, I would only say, that I was only spreading a little entertainment here on a Sunday morning - not really forum-bashing or anything.

Now - as to the other matter - that is more important (to me at least).

You are saying to me, that I am as bad as the guy in my post - because I apply assumptions and create my own truths.

I think we all do that, Doc. I don't think we can avoid it. Or maybe I should say I assume we cannot avoid it, and I assume we are all doing it and I see it everywhere. I actually think it is healthy to apply assumptions and create your own truths.

But

We also have to co-exist with all the other truth-makers - and this is of course the difficult bit (I assume).

I rather like the image of walking on the sand and leaving no footprints and thus seek to apply the principle of charity in all cases. I don't think we should interfere in other people's truths and nor should they interfere in mine. Another image I like is: If you meet another Buddha on the road - nod and walk on.

Walk on Richard.

S.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I mean what I say and I say what I mean, you have misinterpreted yet again, it seems to be part of your nature. You read what you wish into posts it seems to me. But YET AGAIN there is little point in pursuing it, people will judge you as to what you say (someone already has and you misunderstood and changed what he said) and I will be judged on what I say.

First post on Elsewhere on the Web forum room.

https://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45189

Lotus Seven S

Ah!

So I am a Misinterpreter.....

I can live with that. And I will probably misinterpret it and call it a Relabeller.

We all have our crosses. :grin:

S