TT joke

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TT joke

Unread post by antonio66 »

I wouldn't play my vinyl on any of those three Doc, and neither would I on the one in the OP. :naughty:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Glad to see the last one was run on poor quality record..

I wonder if slicks were used as the models tyres in order to control anti skating and inner groove distortion?

But then again seeing it's based on a model of a VW microbus, then it will likely be used by nostalgic hippy types high on pot or acid reliving their youth so SQ won't need to figure much :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I remember the Sharp vertical turntable. I worked for the distributor in 1982 and used to sell them on commission in a supermarket. :oops: They did not cost 1.7K.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

This just proves the vinyl revival has gone too far and consumers are being exploited. Obviously aimed at people who have no idea about proper vinyl playback. The sooner the froth goes off the vinyl industry the better. Lower prices and better quality will result. I can't believe there is a big enough market out there for even the number of competent vinyl spinners let alone this crap. I looked in horror when that 'Sound Burger' thing appeared but at least it was relatively cheap and probably a lot better than the current Crosley type units.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Elite Audio, consumers being exploited, surely not :roll:

You want to find the crooks and slurpers, you look no further than those gathering around PFP and Wigwam. Like minds and like greed, a bit like turds and flies.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Many decks over the decades used to *not* support the record at the centre. The listening experiences of myself and others seems to indicate that some kind of support for the label is important and edge support less so *in comparison.* I don't care for clamps and weights but that's mainly because I can't be arsed and I suspect rapid wear can result on domestic rather then pro-grade main bearings - it's bad enough as it is on some decks I remember without adding more load to the bearing point...

That first deck is a mugs eyeful I suspect and I doubt any serious listening was done. The use of an Ortofon OM cartridge speaks volumes too..... (Not that I mind the OM models, but Ortofon themselves moved on many years ago now from this range...)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This was sent via admin, so Terry picked it up and forwarded it - what we have said is fair comment, especially looking at that toy TT and its price, can anyone take them seriously after that. We will always point at the slurpers and the exploiters in our industry. It is a simple matter for them to consider, the cap clearly fits so I am afraid they just have to wear it. I of course will make no reply apart from this post.

Good afternoon Richard

I came across a post on your HiFi Subjectivist Forum regarding Audio Deva Turntables.

I am very pro freedom of speech and I have no issue with your opinions or comments on these turntables in any shape or form.

My issue is with:

Elite Audio, consumers being exploited, surely not :roll:

You want to find the crooks and slurpers, you look no further than those gathering around PFP and Wigwam. Like minds and like greed, a bit like turds and flies.

As a family business with a great reputation for customer service and a dedicated team of people who's livelihood is centered with their employment in our business, you can understand my concerns regarding the comments made above and the perception of the public when reading such a comment in the public domain.

I would be grateful if you can remove any references to our business that could be deemed as derogatory or defamatory in any way.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Cargill

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

This turntable comes with an Ortofon OM5e cartridge, this sells for a huge £55. Meaning the turntable and arm come in at £1744, that money buys a lot of turntable from many another manufacturer but the majority of Pro-ject turntables are much cheaper so I assume the selling point is its looks.

Irrespective of the cost, I thought the unsupported record had long been dismissed as being detrimental to the sound quality.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We are merely informing the public of what might not be blatantly obvious to all. At least the vertical TT I sold 35 years ago was at a realistic price. I was not ripping people off.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

One man's meat is another man's murder. Perhaps elite audio would like to put a little flesh on the bones ,so we can make up our own minds