new tonearm at jimbo towers!

All general audio posts go here.
jayman67
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new tonearm at jimbo towers!

Unread post by jayman67 »

the zeta arrived today from the states,very excited to try it at the weekend,its in mint condition too ! :)

Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

antonio66

Re: new tonearm at jimbo towers!

Unread post by antonio66 »

I will certainly look forward to your findings comparing the Zeta with the Alphason.

jayman67

here's some photo's after setting it up properly yesterday.
there's no 'night and day' difference over the hr100 but then i new there wouldn't be,both highly regarded arms.
the zeta feels and looks like its been very well engineered,solid looking stance and up for a fight!

the bias setting is like a breath of fresh air compared to the hr100's string and weight method,the zeta uses a small dial to adjust bias,balancing the arm in the centre of the platter small increments anti or clockwise has the arm moving to the left or to the right,try doing that with the alphason!

both arms handle the decca c4e,i have a gut feeling the zeta is better suited though being 5g heavier than the hr100.
once the longer cartridge bolts arrive i'll stick the rock paddle back on,the extra weight moves the counter weight further outwards,i might make up some heavier counter weight plates in brass to bring it closer in.

all in all im very happy with my purchase :)

Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I really like the look of the Alphason, but some how the Zeta looks just right on your Rock. Maybe a slightly heavier counterweight will help, but pleased your happy with the purchase.

jayman67

cheers,
yes it does suit the rock better,i think the colour helps.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:49 am I really like the look of the Alphason, but some how the Zeta looks just right on your Rock. Maybe a slightly heavier counterweight will help, but pleased your happy with the purchase.
+1, thats a fine looking bit of kit and really suits the Rock. :clap:

First encounter of the Zeta was on a pals Oracle mk1, kicked my LP12 into the weeds but i was in denial back then. :oops:
Frank...made me do it.