Speakers for my new A20+P20 Sys

All general audio posts go here.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Speakers for my new A20+P20 Sys

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Again lack of knowledge!!!

Klipsch are a big(ish) company that has not made inroads in our UK market, we only think of them for their old big horn designs, what they now call the heritage range. They have a modern range of speakers not sold here but very popular in Italy, so Marco knows what I am referring to, they are pretty good and much better than the Kef / B&W / Spendor / Harbeth crap foisted on us.

They even do semi omni and a wide range of models. These are the floor standers, they also do bookshelf. http://www.klipsch.com/floor-speakers

MarcoPisa

Unread post by MarcoPisa »

Yah, Klipsch is quite popular here especially for theyr hi sesitivity speakers and for Heresy series. Not everybody likes the hi frequencies so forward. B&W are also popular but I don't like theyr entry level models sound.All British brands are quite popular as well as Focal,Sonus Faber etc.
On the low end market,probably the most common brand is Indiana Line.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 pm Again lack of knowledge!!!
We've never discussed Klipsch to my knowledge...

That was the only review I could find with a quick look and as AOS has numerous posts regarding the Heresy, so I thought I'd link to it for a giggle as it was a more recent pair. I heard the earlier 'II' ones extensively too back in the day and disliked the shouty screechy sound they can give unless carefully used.

Oh, a pair of Klipschorns I heard in Northampton in the mid noughties sounded absolutely amazing with not advanced amps driving them, but they're huge for most UK domestic rooms...

I have heard the cheaper models too in fairly recent times by the way, but they're still a bit too 'shouty' up top for typical UK domestic consumption we thought at the time. Admittedly not tried with NVA amps though.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

MarcoPisa

Doc, what do you think of the Jpw 202/203 (stand/floor)?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The newer Chinese JPW are surprisingly good for the price. I have a couple of ML110 on my workbench.

boxswapper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by boxswapper »

Ive had with my A20 p10 set:

Rega Rs3 - Cost £250 second hand. Equally older model Rega R3 should be cheaper. Sounds excellent and a keeper. Detail and slam, A20 plays to their strengths. Easy to drive. I keep this as my main speaker with NVA.

Q Acoustics 2010i. Was £100 or less on ebay. Very capable speaker. Detailed with a large sound for its size. I use Something Solid SL24 stands with it. Plenty of threads on this forum about how good a combination this speaker is with NVA.

JPW mini monitor. Cost £10 from charity shop. Bags of fun for the price. You can't go wrong. Maybe a bit less detail than Q Acoustics but more boogie. Many air guitar moments. Fun for beer money.

MarcoPisa

I asked for the JPW 202/203 because I have 203(towers) in my living room and I am testing the starter kit with it. First 5-10 hours...no bass...around 20 hours now and the low frequencies are coming out properly now. I confirm it is a good partnership. I think I will leave the starter kit in The living room..and use the other amplifier for the smaller room.... :lol: