More

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: More

Unread post by antonio66 »

Why are we going over the same ground again, this is not pfm or Wigwas?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

More is better, it's just a question of which.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Im looking forward to the 2018 gallery thread on PFM for a laugh. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 pm Good point. Exceptions always prove the rule Nick. Power supplies are something that bigger and more pays off musically.

BUT power supplies are not in the music path, that was my main point, what sits in the way of the music. Comment stimulated by that Norwegian thing posted about tonight.
I posted the link to it as the pfm brigade appeared impressed enough to suggest it's a good amp at £1,500!

I surely wasn't as impressed given that it goes against everything NVA stands for and simply wanted to garner HFS members and the Docs opinion on this :bulls1:

Alfi.
Last edited by Alfi on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

CN211276 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:16 am Im looking forward to the 2018 gallery thread on PFM for a laugh. :lol:

I'm sure there'll be some pretty systems presented for show. pretty bloody expensive for certain, willy waving bunch as they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some fawning members will probably respond along the lines of... "Ooh your system (looks) awesome, I bet it sounds great," Yeah, looks sort of nice I suppose, but performs like shite most probably :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Come on Alfi, "but performs like shite most probably". I thought this forum was Subjectivist and so what's good for one maybe not good for another. As to More, we heard the new £30,000 Boulder amp, and yes of course it's ridiculously expensive and most probably full to the brim with electronics, but partnered by a Weiss dac and YG speakers gave the best sounds at the Windsor show and there were far more expensive systems there, one in the same room.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Hemmo1969 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be funny :lol: My system has no cases what so ever except for phono1 and bmu. Sat on 2ft square chipboard sheets with all components on show and wires all over the place. Looks like shit so the willy waving bling lovers would probably say "i bet it sounds messy" :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

karatestu wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am
Hemmo1969 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be funny :lol: My system has no cases what so ever except for phono1 and bmu. Sat on 2ft square chipboard sheets with all components on show and wires all over the place. Looks like shit so the willy waving bling lovers would probably say "i bet it sounds messy" :grin:
I need a picture of that so I can show my other half how lucky she is !! :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

zebbo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 am
karatestu wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am
I need a picture of that so I can show my other half how lucky she is !! :lol: :lol:
Maybe one day , but i am not sure people on here are ready to see such things yet :lol:

Been reading your comments in the vinyl engine Pink triangle room :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE