More

All general audio posts go here.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: More

Unread post by savvypaul »

Hemmo1969 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
System photos here tend to be for practical reasons; project updates, modding instructions, help with advice on speaker positioning and spacing out of kit, reporting bake offs etc.

The PFM thread is more like a marketing brochure...http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre ... 17.196724/
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Stu, will you be putting the amps in cases once you've finished your speaker build and decided on whether to go active?

antonio66

Savvypaul, you obviously look at the systems thread on pfm. I've got to admit it's my favourite sticky thread. Not always for the kit on show but for the rooms and ancillaries.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ah, haven't been there for a while. Tim really knows his stuff and is a handy bloke to know. He can also produce carbon/balsa armboards. Every time I see a nice PT I pine a bit for my Anniversary but I just couldn't own both. :cry:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 am Savvypaul, you obviously look at the systems thread on pfm. I've got to admit it's my favourite sticky thread. Not always for the kit on show but for the rooms and ancillaries.
Yes, I found the thread the other day when I was having a nose around PFM after reading their WAM show sticky.

Like I said earlier...marketing works on most of the people, most of the time ;)

Should we look forward to some moodily lit close ups of your PT & Lyra glinting in the mid morning sun while delicately kissing the jet black plains of a 200g reissue?
Last edited by savvypaul on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 am Stu, will you be putting the amps in cases once you've finished your speaker build and decided on whether to go active?
Yes i will but not in a conventional way :grin: nothing is ever done conventionally in karatestu land. But it is taking all my strength to fend off the irresistible urge to sell the amps as parts and buy four A80's :lol: :lol: I never had an intention to go active though :naughty:

My plans were to make a very large cabinet out of birch ply (with rear ventillation) and have only the volume and selector switches on show along with the fascia of my cdp. Turntable would go on a wall shelf of course. All interconnects and power cabling would be inside this cabinet and only speaker and mains cables at the back. I had it all worked out with all the power supplies at the bottom and everything else well away from the psu's.

Those plans go to shit though if i get nva amps. :cry:
Last edited by karatestu on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't think we are criticising the entertainment of it, just some of the motives. Lets face it, human nature, look at me and what I own seems to be a normal human motivation. Cars are probably the worst hobby for this, modding polishing showing off, hi-fi isn't that bad (or good depending on how you look at it).

Antonio I don't think you have been subject to the banning and the abuse a lot of our members have suffered at other forums, we have them here, so as a group we are bound to have a dig at them, maybe a bit more than is required, but it is good therapy and payback.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Going on the speaker positioning in some of the pictures on the Willy waving threads it is apparent that the system is likely to sound shit.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am Come on Alfi, "but performs like shite most probably". I thought this forum was Subjectivist and so what's good for one maybe not good for another. As to More, we heard the new £30,000 Boulder amp, and yes of course it's ridiculously expensive and most probably full to the brim with electronics, but partnered by a Weiss dac and YG speakers gave the best sounds at the Windsor show and there were far more expensive systems there, one in the same room.
My apologies Antonio if I offended your feelings in an way. But his thread is about taking the piss of pfm and some of it's members. I did also add :lol: at the end .

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

antonio66

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am I don't think we are criticising the entertainment of it, just some of the motives. Lets face it, human nature, look at me and what I own seems to be a normal human motivation. Cars are probably the worst hobby for this, modding polishing showing off, hi-fi isn't that bad (or good depending on how you look at it).

Antonio I don't think you have been subject to the banning and the abuse a lot of our members have suffered at other forums, we have them here, so as a group we are bound to have a dig at them, maybe a bit more than is required, but it is good therapy and payback.
You have a short memory Doc. I have been banned at Wigwas and AoS. Have had quite a few battles on pfm, sticking up for NVA against various members, especially lebigflouncy.