Boring ?

All general audio posts go here.
Lotus Seven S
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boring ?

Unread post by Lotus Seven S »

Anarchy is selfish and idiotic
This is another of your poetic sentences - it just seems to hang there and reverberate....

I actually think that we probably have the best of all possible systems right now - messy and ridiculous though it also is, and how can we assure that large numbers of people won't descend into selfish idiocy? So I for one won't jump on a soapbox and preach anarchy - even though I probably would behave selflessly and wisely under such a system. But I am not sure if my neighbors would.
I am not a number. I am a free man

Lotus Seven S

Thinking about this a little bit more, I think we can divide the world up into two different types. There are those who thrive when there are rules and there are those who thrive, when there are no rules. Each type is motivated by anxiety. In other words rulelessness gives anxiety to Type 1, whilst rules give anxiety to Type 2. (Maybe there is a Type 3 or 4 - I don't know (and maybe there is a Special Type, who just like issuing rules for others, and get all anxious when there is nobody to boss around).

I am not saying that Type 1 follow all the rules - that they do not - an important part of growing up is learning which rules can be broken and which must be upheld - but they do get anxious when there are no rules to follow or break. And Type 2 get all antsy when waiting in a queue, multi-tasking and breathing in a rule filled atmosphere.

Type 2 will flourish in an anarchy and be completely surprised by the revolt of Type 1.

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

savvypaul wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm
Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:02 pm Anarchy is selfish and idiotic
Not my version ;)

Anarchy doesn't prohibit cooperation, quite the opposite
I agree. You could argue that anarchy is the removal of "higher powers" ruling our lives, and that would entail greater see-responsibility and cooperation on a local scale.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Lotus Seven S

The world has become far too complex and our present and comfortable standard of living is primarily based on global institutionalization (just think of shipping a lowly pencil from China) - which leaves no place for experimentation in voluntary cooperation (apart from small local outliers). We would become poor very quickly. There is no built in necessity for cooperation in human culture. Defection is actually much more likely (defection being the technical term for a lose-lose situation which most often is the only long term dominant strategy).
And that is why we have moderators on the forums.

David Brook

Unread post by David Brook »

Dull , dull, dull.

AOS, WAM, PFM, TAS they are all so dull nowadays, being honest AOS when Martin T, Nick, myself and many others were in full swing it was really good but as we all eventually got banned it became mind numbingly boring, what are you eating today or 2 words daily FFS is that really what forums are for?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Haven't you realised AoS is ALL about Marco's ego. He wants to be king / dictator of something and have no one question him or interfere with his parading his life style and sick smut around. Remember my first nickname for him, Il Duce, that is him to a T, AoS is his little Italy to dominate.

I am just very sad that people help him to do it and don't see the sub human for what it is.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Camera clubs are the same. I gave up being a member a few years ago. The big issue with camera clubs for me is conformity to conventional approaches to what constitutes a 'good' image (rule of thirds etc. etc.) rather than individuals following their own creative path. With hifi fora there seems to be a coalescence around 'conventional wisdom' rather than challenging convention and as a result debate gets stifled.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Many join forums to have their choices and assumptions validated - head patted, tummy tickled and back slapped.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I hope that is not us in any way.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 am I hope that is not us in any way.
Do I really need to answer... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/