Similar cables ?

All general audio posts go here.
tweet_my_ribbon

Similar cables ?

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

In the mid 90's I purchased some cables by Campaign Audio Design of Cardiff. The interconnects were very stiff solid copper with a PTFE dielectric. Visually they appeared similar to NVA cables.
Anyone remember this company ?
I still have a 'candour' mains cable by them sitting in a draw.
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.

Quarknosis

Re: Similar cables ?

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I had a mains cable from them, not sure if it was the Candour but there were 2 types if I remember. I had the cheaper one which was basically CY shielded cable. Actually I did have a mains block from them too, that was a standard mains block with a couple of components inside and a length of the more expensive (silver plated?) cable to the plug. I can't say either of them made a lot of difference when I think back. I still have the cheaper cable but the silver plated stuff was used to rewire an Olsen block.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

tweet_my_ribbon

Re: Similar cables ?

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

Quarknosis wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 pm I had a mains cable from them, not sure if it was the Candour but there were 2 types if I remember. I had the cheaper one which was basically CY shielded cable. Actually I did have a mains block from them too, that was a standard mains block with a couple of components inside and a length of the more expensive (silver plated?) cable to the plug. I can't say either of them made a lot of difference when I think back. I still have the cheaper cable but the silver plated stuff was used to rewire an Olsen block.
I also chose the cheaper versions, two candour mains cables and two 0.5m interconnects. The mains cables made no difference to the sound in my system and the patch leads sounded best used with a tape deck, Nakamichi 480z or a Yamaha, I forget which, but made little difference with CD or tuner.
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.