Loosing touch with reality

All general audio posts go here.
joe
Has thanked: 0

Re: Loosing touch with reality

Unread post by joe »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm
CN211276 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 pm I think a lot of those who post on hifi forums have lost touch with reality, they have an obsession with box swapping and the music is secondary. It is a case of spending large amounts of money changing the sound by moving sideways without achieving real improvements.
Wasting one's own money is fine. Making others waste their money, is not...
Are these 'others' helpless children unable to make their own decisions? Assuming we're talking about responsible adults, each of us needs to find out, through trial and error, what works for us. Mistakes are how we learn (I should know, I've made plenty).

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

joe wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:12 pm
savvypaul wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm
CN211276 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 pm I think a lot of those who post on hifi forums have lost touch with reality, they have an obsession with box swapping and the music is secondary. It is a case of spending large amounts of money changing the sound by moving sideways without achieving real improvements.
Wasting one's own money is fine. Making others waste their money, is not...
Are these 'others' helpless children unable to make their own decisions? Assuming we're talking about responsible adults, each of us needs to find out, through trial and error, what works for us. Mistakes are how we learn (I should know, I've made plenty).
We learn who to trust and who to ignore...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Rectified
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Neonknight wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm Ah, if you are referring to me, then its because I don't care for group think. As I understand it, this is a site that disparages following along with the crowd and sheep like behavior. I prefer to make up my own mind about what sounds good, and am not interested in agreeing with anyone about what "is the right way" of experiencing this hobby.
Well at least that is nice to know, i really cannot stand all that Sheepish behaviour.