No Humming or Buzz noise for 50Hz and Peak load, 100% Silent
Low ripple noise and void of high frequency noise
ELNA Audio Grade Capacitor
Linear Technology LT1083 Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
Independent 19V/12V/9V/5V DC Output using two LT1083 for 9V and 5V
Dedicated circuit replacing LT1083 for 19V and 12V, Support 7A Max
9V Output is User Adjustable from 7.5V-19.5V
External Voltage Adjust Knob
19V/7AMP Output via XLR Connector, Support Thin ITX/NUC/HDPLEX 250W DC-ATX Converter
12V/7AMP Output via XLR Connector, support PicoPSU or 12V based CE device.
9V/2AMP Output support SoTM PCIE USB card.
5V/2AMP Output support PPA (Paul Professional Audio) USB Audio card and Squeezebox.
Heavy Duty Aluminium Chassis
Passive aluminium chassis guarantee absolute silent and stable operation
Fanless and 100% Silent

I bought this in the hope I could make it work with my Xbox One that I use for my video streaming. The stock PSU uses a 12V and 5V line but is quite noisy due to its fan and is an SMPS so probably quite noisy period. Another Second hand bargain at £170

I bought and XBox one PSU plug from ebay and had to DIY wire this one. I have the 5V and 12V output grounds wired together and all seems to work fine. Though Damn does this unit get hot. 40 degrees plus case temp. Class A amp users will probably tell me thats mild.

Result? pretty much the same as the other Linear PSU reviews. Decreased noise floor, sound more relaxed. And the picture, brighter, clearer, smoother. Even the wife noticed the picture and she rarely can with audio changes.
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: You guys are a bad influence

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Where from and how much.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

The HD Plex? I paid £170 for the 100W version second hand on AOS (close your ears)

New, they don;t do the 100W anymore but have 200W and 400W versions https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-fanless-2 ... evice.html
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is not a rip-off but it is still a lot of money. I think I am happy with my £40 Chinese one.

montechristo358
Great Britain

had I have discovered your chinese one first, I think I would have tried using a 5v and 12v variant of those. Though I'm not sure how 2 seperate PSUs would have responded to me tying their output grounds together?
Bedroom Rig

Office Rig

Kitchen Rig

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No problem.

montechristo358
Great Britain

that said I don;t see chinese guys doing a high enough current 12V version. Only seems to go 2 Amps rather than the 7 Amp of the HD Plex

Technically the stock XBox PSU claims 21 Amps, but seems fine on the HDPlex at the moment
Bedroom Rig

Office Rig

Kitchen Rig

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You don't need it.

montechristo358
Great Britain

you're sure? XBox One has a bit of a rep for being a power hungry bastard.
Bedroom Rig

Office Rig

Kitchen Rig

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The amps you are talking about is an electric fire. If the xbox was drawing that much current or anywhere near it you would be heating your room.

I didn't say bigger wouldn't be better, I don't know it depends on how they use it, what I said is you don't need it. It is all about common sense and practibility and reality. It would be pretty daft putting a £5 DAC with a £300 power supply, where as a £40 supply makes sense.