JBE Series III

All general audio posts go here.
Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Re: JBE Series III

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

did some more to it.

i noticed something was going 'off' with it, and after much headscratching found that the azimuth was off. turns out that the rubber section of the mayware counterweight wasn't gripping so the weight had slowly slipped downward overnight and cocked up the azimuth.
it wants replacing really, its a little perished so ill have to find something as a replacement to do the job.
so i took the mayware off for now and put the audiomods that was on Paul's 301 on it.

ImageJbe series 3 audiomods classic 2 audio technica at150sa by anthony cresswell, on Flickr

while i was at it i stripped it down and resanded and polished the plinth with teak oil, redrilled the arm board to take the audiomods mounting collar, and replaced the pads on the platter with new silicone ones. these are simply adhesive discs, and these were meant to be pump seals. but are the same size and thickness as the original blown sorbothane pads.

ImageJbe platter pod inserts by anthony cresswell, on Flickr

the left hand one is the original which is completely perished on the top. the top middle one is what the underside looks like, not perished but getting the remains of the adhesive off was not possible. couldnt just turn them over unfortunately, and the right hand one is a new silicone rubber one.
much better. the new ones actually grip the record. and look better. and it sounds better too.

ImageJbe series 3 audiomods classic 2 audio technica at150sa by anthony cresswell, on Flickr

now the audiomods arm is on it its blummuin lovely :mrgreen: got keith jarrett on now doing his usual weebing and deebing, ohing ahhing and all the other noises he seems to make while playing. can hear them clear as day and its giving me a smile. highlights how bloody good ecm pressings are too.
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Re: JBE Series III

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Bloody phono stage cut out again..... But at least this time I got a look at it before it cut back in and the light was off. Which rather suggests the fault is in the power supply section.
Gives me a place to start from
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7