Non NVA Equipment Used By Members.

All general audio posts go here.
Ali Tait

Re: Non NVA Equipment Used By Members.

Unread post by Ali Tait »

Still use a TFS, though now changed to Win 10 and used as a Roon Core with Tidal. This is connected to the router via an Ethernet switch, to which is also connected a Lumin D2 which is the Roon end point. I have a Drobo for my stored FLAC. Sounds great.

My vinyl front end is still in storage, I’m hoping that will change in the not too distant future. I have a GL75 modified and put into a plinth by Ant of BT Designs. Also have a NOS Garrard 401 that I haven’t done anything with yet. I have a twin tier slate plinth for it. The GL75 is fitted with a Mission 774 and Benz Gullwing SLR. I got hold of a Sumiko arm a while back, which I’ve yet to try, and also just bought a Phonomac fettled Audio Technica ATP-12T which should be a good match to the SPU silver meister I also bought a while back. Phono stage is a Modwright SWP 9.0SE which I use with a Tribute SUT. Also have a Phono 2 with twin power supplies I haven’t been able to try yet.

Rest of the system consists of Bastanis OB’s, which have DSP on the bass to compensate for the baffleless design, using a Goldwood 18” woofer driven with a Behringer Inuke 3000w amp. This runs up to 200Hz, then hands over to their proprietary 12” wide range driver which is mechanically damped and runs without a crossover 200Hz-10k or so. Top end is with a compression tweeter, rolled in with a 1uf cap in series to give a simple 1st order crossover at about 10k. Mid and top are run together with a selection of amps- I have a diy Pass Class A, some little Class A monoblocks from China which I think are the JLH circuit. Currently using a Unison Research S6 valve amp- parallel single ended EL34 with about 35w/ch and I think a great sounding bit of kit.

Also have a Mytek Brooklyn+ which is only currently used for the telly to be played through the system. Overkill I admit, need to get a BNC lead so I can compare it to the internal Wolfson DACs in the Lumin.

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

My kit has changed relatively little over the years with NVA usually somewhere in the mix. Vinyl front end is Lenco PTP5 with DC motor and seriously modded Phono1. Digital comprises tweaked Sony ES337 cdp and/or Young DSD dac with streaming via Rpi & Allo Boss/Isolator. Amps include a wonderful little A60 Cambridge A&R and NVA A70's ( 90's vintage) with Audio Synthesis Passion 8m pre-amp ( dual mono SA's with remote control). All connected to an essential Purepower 1050 AC regenerator. Speakers Royd RR1's or Cube 3's.
What I have been consistent with over the years has been always using NVA interconnects ( both analogue and digital) and speaker cables. I have currently got to the perfect set of TIS mk2 and LS7 ( TSCS) which for me are an ultimate package and make any more future supposed hardware updates irrelevant and unnecessary. Both are that good.
Last edited by 29mile on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

I have a couple of PL71s. Do they count ? 🤣

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Stemcor1990 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:02 pm I have a couple of PL71s. Do they count ? 🤣
The jury is out on that one. It is almost as much NVA as Pioneer :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

karatestu wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:07 pm
Stemcor1990 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:02 pm I have a couple of PL71s. Do they count ? 🤣
The jury is out on that one. It is almost as much NVA as Pioneer :grin:
Does the fact that I use them with a Denon 103 make me guilty or innocent ? 😂

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

29mile wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:55 pm My kit has changed relatively little over the years with NVA usually somewhere in the mix. Vinyl front end is Lenco PTP5 with DC motor and seriously modded Phono1. Digital comprises tweaked Sony ES337 cdp and/or Young DSD dac with streaming via Rpi & Allo Boss/Isolator. Amps include a wonderful little A60 Cambridge A&R and NVA A70's ( 90's vintage) with Audio Synthesis Passion 8m pre-amp ( dual mono SA's with remote control). All connected to an essential Purepower 1050 AC regenerator. Speakers Royd RR1's or Cube 3's.
What I have been consistent with over the years has been always using NVA interconnects ( both analogue and digital) and speaker cables. I have currently got to the perfect set of TIS mk2 and LS7 ( TSCS) which for me are an ultimate package and make any more future supposed hardware updates irrelevant and unnecessary. Both are that good.
Could not agree more about your comments on TIS and TSCS. I regard them as major components which bring about the best in everything else.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc