Lockdown system change.

All general audio posts go here.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Lockdown system change.

Unread post by savvypaul »

karatestu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:12 pm
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:13 pm
karatestu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 am Aro still does it for me but tnen I haven't tried anything else on my 12.

I have a friend very local who gets every Linn upgrade for the 12 as soon as they come out. He thinks the deck has become much more accurate but has lost something (it's soul ?) along the way. I refuse to listen to his system because I am happy where I am with mine.

My LP12 is a 1988 pre cirkus with original AC motor. I have a Naim Aro unipivot Avondale Taps 2 psu & Lyra Argo MC, Also got an aftermarket subchassis (like the keel) 2nd hand and some Annologue Innovations (Alfi) insole spring replacements (not springs).

I think an aftermarket top plate with motor position moved to 7.30 might be the only other thing I get although Alfi would probably tell me not to bother and just to get the motor postion moved on the original top plate.
You mean you like your LP12 now that it is less like an LP12...

;) :whistle: :epopc:
You got me bang to rights there :lol: But with all the different versions over the years, different motors, bearings, psu's etc etc who really knows what an LP12 is anymore ?

I refuse to spend loads of money on it so have cherry picked some second hand bargain bits and bobs. To be honest I liked mine when it was a standard pre cirkus deck. But you know how it is :roll: something can always be improved. It cost me £150 in about 2001 and that included arm, cartridge and lingo 1. Added an aro, a better cart when that ran out and that was it for about a decade.
Sorry to hear that you overpaid ;)

I rather like the Aro, though.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/