savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Houdini

Unread post by savvypaul »

Ordinaryman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:43 pm Second line last post :lol:
Ad-Hominem, possibly but you asked
Clear as a puddle.
Again, incomprehensible.

I asked "Please show me where I have implied my thoughts about 'a forthcoming review on The WAM'."

Now, show me where or withdraw your remark.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Bloody hell guys, looks like lockdown has started to erode the goodwill and live & let live ethos that's a big part of why this forum is better than most.

Personally I am mildly interested in the theory of cartridge decoupling but I cannot get excited one way or another by the Houdini. Now if someone was informing me funky Arthur was replacing Boris or Matt Hancock that could cause a stir but not the Houdini.
Last edited by NSNO2021 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

To you, sorry :doh:
withdraw :bulls1:

savvypaul
Great Britain

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm Bloody hell guys, looks like lockdown has started to erode the goodwill and live & let live ethos that's a big part of why this forum is better than most.

Personally I am mildly interested the theory of cartridge decoupling but I cannot get excited one way or another by the Houdini. Now if someone was informing me funky Arthur was replacing Boris or Matt Hancock that could cause a stir but not the Houdini.
If someone accuses me of deriding a review that hasn't happened yet then they need to put up the evidence. Of course, there is no evidence as I have done no such thing. I've known George (who is going to do the Houdini review at the WAM) for about 3 years. He is a very experienced enthusiast and a thoughtful and thorough reviewer. He's also a very personable fella. The last thing I would be doing is deriding any of his reviews, let alone one that he hasn't yet written.

I definitely have more enjoyable things to do, but if someone wants to accuses me of something, and follow it up with personal insult, then they need to answer. He either proves me wrong or he withdraws his remark. One or the other, and it is then forgotten and we can all go back to the music.
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:03 pm To you, sorry :doh:
withdraw :bulls1:
Withdrawal accepted. Assuming your emoji is meant to say 'peace' and not 'bullshit'?

I've known George (who is going to do the Houdini review at the WAM) for about 3 years. He is a very experienced enthusiast and a thoughtful and thorough reviewer. He's also a very personable fella. The last thing I would be doing is deriding any of his reviews, let alone one that he hasn't yet written.

I might roll my eyes or laugh at some of the Houdini marketing but there is no chance that I would deride George.
I am in the hi-fi trade

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

George seems to be just what's needed, I am looking forward to hearing his thoughts on this contentious addition to the music world
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
savvypaul (Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:41 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

I apologise if my posts are Incomprehensible make sense to me, same for the emojis. HeyHo

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:31 pm I apologise if my posts are Incomprehensible make sense to me, same for the emojis. HeyHo
Your emoji says 'Bullshit'? Did you mean to say that?
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:25 pm George seems to be just what's needed, I am looking forward to hearing his thoughts on this contentious addition to the music world
I don't think the Houdini is contentious. It appears to be a more engineered version of what already exists - Cartridge Man Isolator, Origin Live Cartridge Enabler.

What seems contentious, to me, are the claims made for it by Funk and the way it has been promoted.
I am in the hi-fi trade