Houdini

All general audio posts go here.
Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Re: Houdini

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Would it not be possible that if any/ all vinyl listeners here contributed £5//10 pounds and then purchased one via NVA. I believe kara was offered at trade £150) we could then rotate it and decide? I would be happy to start it of for a tenner. On a personal note I wouldn't want to dismiss it without hearing it. like many i wouldn't want to shell out £300. on a chance :-?

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

You will need some more M2.5 nylon bolts to pass around as well.

You do know it is a money back guarantee? If you don’t like it, I think you lose the postage cost back to Funk.

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Well that being the case if no one else here wants to give it a go, I might just do that and see for myself.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I'm of the opinion that if you have a desire to try the houdini you are dissatisfied with your hifi. Furthermore I am willing to bet the houdini will not sate your dissatisfaction.

Furthermore those that try it will swear they are not dissatisfied but the very act of trying will betray thier utterances.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
karatestu (Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:04 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

It's certainly an interesting world when one wants to spend no more than £200 on a phono stage, but £300 on a small piece of plastic to go between cartridge and headshell.

That's 2020 for you ;)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Count me out. I got the hard sell in my email exchanges with FF. They can FF off. Don't let that put you off though ;)
DIY FREE ZONE

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

My SME 2009 S2 Imp cost under £100 in the 1970s, I see no reason to spend more on this "device" than I did on the arm. I think I said that before.

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

As it happens I am not " dissatisfied " with my system whatever anyone else wishes to claim, and further more I do not consider this statement as "betraying my utterance" or that being inquisitive relates to being so "2020" as to were i set my financial limits after all they concerne no one else but myself. well we are all intiteled to an opinion? Ad hominem removed
I for one would however rather base mine on experience rather than prejudice. Should anyone have beqen bothered to read the post i stated that £300. was out of the question. Didn't start out "dissatisfied " but I think maybe that's changed. Sad.

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pm I'm of the opinion that if you have a desire to try the houdini you are dissatisfied with your hifi. Furthermore I am willing to bet the houdini will not sate your dissatisfaction.

Furthermore those that try it will swear they are not dissatisfied but the very act of trying will betray thier utterances.
I am of the opinion that your opinion is wrong.

HiFi is a hobby for a lot of people, and improving enjoyment of the music is a key part. You can do this with better arms, cartridges and turntables. You can do this by changing head shell material etc. Some people don’t do anything and prefer to buy more music to enjoy. It is completely up to the individual how they want to achieve what they are looking for.

I did not try one because I am dissatisfied with my system. I tried one because I am inquisitive.

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

I think you will find pomposity rules it's own domain.