Loan: P50SA with new stepped attenuator & internal wiring

Daniel Quinn

Re: Loan: P50SA with new stepped attaaAenuator & internal wiring

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

As I read it the attenuator is a new one but the resistors are the same. Difficult to see how it could sound different then. Silver wiring that's a different matter.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Loan: P50SA with new stepped attenuator & internal wiring

Unread post by savvypaul »

The load resistors are different...
Amplification - NVA P90SA / A70s & A60
Analogue - BTE Designs Lenco L59 / Garrard 401 / Ortofon TA-210 / Jelco 750L / Audio Technica ATP 12T / Ortofon SPU / Denon 103 / NVA Phono 2
Digital - Sonore MicroRendu / RME DAC-2
Speakers - NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3

“The one who would whistle to, Throbbing Gristle through, harsh times in Umberstone Covert”

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

This is due back for a customer demo on Wednesday and then available again for loan...first come, first served.

A reminder of how the loan scheme works:

You only pay postage. The postage cost is £12 - this covers outward post to you AND return postage by Royal Mail. We supply a pre-printed Royal Mail 'return to NVA' label to attach to the box, then you just drop it off at your local post office.

Terms
Maximum 14 day loan
Newer members may be asked to provide a debit / credit card authorisation prior to dispatch
Please share your experiences of the new P50sa

PM me to request loan / postage payment info / any other questions.
Amplification - NVA P90SA / A70s & A60
Analogue - BTE Designs Lenco L59 / Garrard 401 / Ortofon TA-210 / Jelco 750L / Audio Technica ATP 12T / Ortofon SPU / Denon 103 / NVA Phono 2
Digital - Sonore MicroRendu / RME DAC-2
Speakers - NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3

“The one who would whistle to, Throbbing Gristle through, harsh times in Umberstone Covert”

wackyraces
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wackyraces »

Well I have listened to the new NVA P50sa and have to say I was very impressed!

I have the original NVA P50sa to compare it with and no doubt about it the improved model has more than the edge on the original which is already very good indeed. I would never have thought this in a passive design which is nearly identical, but you live and learn.

For me there was more immediacy and it sounded more open - with improved treble.

As much as I would have liked to take on the offer before the Month of November ends, and trade in mine against this one - I have to improve my support furniture first which is holding back the full potential off all my separates (as I have recently learned by accident). So all my funding is being poured into a far better Hi-Fi rack now that I have learned to take the deleterious affects of inferior supports seriously.

The improvement I get with better support furniture is a bigger upgrade than uprading the Hi-Fi separate components themselves. So I have to put myself back on a new level playing field and start reviewing all my kit again.
System: AURALiC Mini - SPS DAC 3 - NVA P50sa / Croft 7 - Role Audio Enterprise