TSCS Loan 2.5m

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

TSCS Loan 2.5m

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:38 pm

I am building a set today for the Austrian guy, so it was not much more effort to do a second set. So there is a 2.5m set of TSCS (The Speaker Cable Statement i.e. the best I can do) available for loan. Only really suitable for LS5 or LS6 users with that for trade in, or for others using seriously expensive speaker cable they can sell on.

For example this 3m set is for sale at £1000 so if you can't afford please don't block up the list.

Register here.

George Hincapie
Great Britain

Re: TSCS LOAN

Unread post by George Hincapie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm

I have this. While LS6 is superb, there is a noticeable improvement in SQ using this. Try it...
Main System: Allo DigiOne • Tomanek LPSU • Metrum Acoustics Onyx • NVA P90SA • NVA A80 MKII • NVA Cube 2 MKII • NVA TSCS • NVA TIS MKII • Custom Design SQ404

Headphone System: Auralic Aries Mini • LDA LPSU • Metrum Acoustics Musette • Metrum Acoustics Aurix • AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon • NVA SSP MKII

PC System: Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus • LDA LPSU • Grado SR80e

Server: VortexBox Prestige 2 MX • Paul Baldwin LPSU • Supra CAT8

dwhistance
Great Britain

Re: TSCS Loan

Unread post by dwhistance » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 pm

I'd like to borrow these please. I've been really impressed with all the cables so far and was surprised how much difference TIS made vs SSP between my DAC and Preamp so would love to hear the difference between the LS6 I have and the TSCS. A 3m set would be fine for a trial but I'd need different L/R length cables if I was to purchase a set.

David Whistance

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm

PM or email me name address and phone number. I will organise it for sending this week.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 pm

It came out at 2.5m I hope this is long enough. Anyway packed and ready to go, booked with UPS, you should get Friday. Sending cost £12.

BTW brand new never been on so it will need run in time. Bend to shape as near to the plug as you need to, it is pretty stiff stuff.

dwhistance
Great Britain

Unread post by dwhistance » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Many thanks Doc, I'll look out for it tomorrow. 2.5m will be fine for a trial, I'll just have to move the power amp towards the middle of the room a bit. I'll let it run in for a week if that's OK before I write a review. I'm looking forward to the comparison with the LS6. As I said before I'm still surprised at how much better TIS was than SSP (which itself is really good!) so if this follows suit I'll be ordering a set for myself early in the new year.

All the best

David Whistance

PS - I'll do a Paypal payment for the postage in the morning.

dwhistance
Great Britain

Unread post by dwhistance » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello Doc, I'm sorry I was sure I had your Paypal details but cannot find them - could you send them to me again please? All the best. David Whistance

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

dwhistance
Great Britain

Unread post by dwhistance » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Thank you, Paypal gift sent - I'm sorry they seem to have a strange Christmas theme to their "cards" at the moment!

dwhistance
Great Britain

Re: TSCS Loan 2.5m

Unread post by dwhistance » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 am

As I've had these playing fairly constantly in my system for a few days now I thought I ought to post an interim review. To put this in context my system, or at least the bit used for the review is as follows: source is a Mac Mini playing through a Mytek Brooklyn DAC. The DAC is connected to the pre-amp, a very much modified Quad 34, with 80cm of TIS Mk1 and the pre-amp is connected to the power amp, a Threshold S200, with 9m of SC. The TSCS, standing in for my regular LS6, then connects to Reference 3A Episode Be loudspeakers. Certainly not a typical NVA system.

I should say straight away that the introduction of each of the NVA cables into my system has been a revelation, revealing information that had been hidden by my previous cables and has greatly enhanced both mine and my family's enjoyment of the system so I may well be biased in favour of the Doc's "cable sound". With that in mind here are my initial thoughts on TSCS:

When I first put the LS6 into my system I was struck immediately by the sense of space as the soundstage opened up and also by the improved bass the speakers delivered. Swapping the LS6 for TSCS gave me a sense of deja-vu as again there was an increased sense of space and an even bigger soundstage. Similarly the bass is again better with even better resolution, so much so that listening to Yoyo Ma playing the Bach Cello Suites, music I know very well and have heard him playing live, he could have been in the room with me - amazing. TSCS also improves over LS6 at the other end of the range in the high treble. Parts of Pergolesi's Stabat Mater that have a tendency to sound sharp, reverberant and "out of control" snapped into focus, similarly with the Tallis Scholars recording of Gesualdo's Tenebrae Responses parts of which can be almost painful but are now revealed fully. LS6 does a very good job of separating the tones of the soprano and counter tenor, better than I had heard before with other cables, but TSCS does it even better allowing you to follow each strand of the music if you so wish. It also seems to expand the harmonics compared with lesser cables giving a much fuller more realistic sound. In case you think this is genre specific I have heard exactly the same listening to pop from Leonard Cohen, Rag 'n' Bone Man and Eric Clapton as well as jazz from Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and Oscar Peterson. The only downside is that, as always, badly recorded music is shown up for what it is, albeit it is still very enjoyable.

In conclusion I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to these cables. They take the strengths of the already very good LS6 and build on them. I would also say that the difference between the two isn't incremental, it's huge, which is surprising as at this point you might expect to be well into the area of diminishing returns. They are expensive cables but in my opinion clearly worth the price and I will be buying a set early in the New Year.

Happy Holidays

David Whistance