Your last listen

All music posts here please.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Your last listen

Unread post by Fretless »

Groove link sends you to their product catalogue page - then click at the top on 'Groove Products'

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

They're good guys there too :)

Can't do bulk at the mo, but may treat myself to the latest Tangerine Dream 50 minute 'cupdisk ep' as it looks like a return to past glories after years of doodling (maybe I'm being unfair and I'm ready to be put right :D)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Fretless
Netherlands

With Ulrich Schnauss in the lineup TD could be in for a rebirth - I loved his 'A Strangely Isolated Place' CD.
Been playing 'Phaedra' a lot recently.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

nerica19
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nerica19 »

Tonight I have been mainly listening to America by America, one of a five CD box set I bought from Sainsbury's in the Original Album Series for £9...

Bought the Chris Rea five CD box set too. Have five of the CDs from these two sets on vinyl already but £1.80 for each CD is quite compelling so worth hiding in the trolley I thought. Actually I'm really enjoying the America CD; very melodic and nicely acoustic.

BTW, does anyone else have the 'new' Pink Floyd album in the booklet form with the foam rubber central retainer for the CD - which doesn't really work, so the CD keeps almost falling out? I had a £7.23 Tesco voucher so bought the album for £2.77 which seemed like good value. Bought Atom Heart Mother CD for £1 from British Heart Foundation charity shop on same shopping trip - and I think I'm enjoying revisiting that more, although the new one is OK in a familiar sort of way, although one track in the middle sounds to me remarkably reminiscent of the theme tune to Howard's Way, if anyone here is old enough to remember that tremendously aspirational BBC Sunday evening series from the 1980s...

I do not spend all my life in shops although it may sound like it.
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500

Fretless
Netherlands

nerica19 wrote:Tonight I have been mainly listening to America by America, one of a five CD box set I bought from Sainsbury's in the Original Album Series for £9...

Bought the Chris Rea five CD box set too. Have five of the CDs from these two sets on vinyl already but £1.80 for each CD is quite compelling so worth hiding in the trolley I thought. Actually I'm really enjoying the America CD; very melodic and nicely acoustic.

BTW, does anyone else have the 'new' Pink Floyd album in the booklet form with the foam rubber central retainer for the CD - which doesn't really work, so the CD keeps almost falling out? I had a £7.23 Tesco voucher so bought the album for £2.77 which seemed like good value. Bought Atom Heart Mother CD for £1 from British Heart Foundation charity shop on same shopping trip - and I think I'm enjoying revisiting that more, although the new one is OK in a familiar sort of way, although one track in the middle sounds to me remarkably reminiscent of the theme tune to Howard's Way, if anyone here is old enough to remember that tremendously aspirational BBC Sunday evening series from the 1980s...

I do not spend all my life in shops although it may sound like it.

Damn foam rubber thingy! The new Floyd is growing on me, though. Yes I do like it.

Chris Rea - my favourite is 'Tennis'

Recently got the Original Album 5CD pack from Jefferson Starship and there were a couple of pleasant surprises on there. I got it for 'Freedom at Point Zero' but found myself playing 'Red Octopus' and 'Spitfire' more.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

Joe Bonamassa Dust Bowl and Sloe Gin. Sounds really good - but then most things sound good when you're sitting in the sunshine on a balcony overlooking the Med!

nerica19

Unread post by nerica19 »

Today, whilst working mostly listening to (the late) Jack Bruce's Silver Rails album on CD which arrived this morning and which I like from a standing start and will get to enjoy a lot, I think. His voice not all it was but still good and some excellent guitar from various collaborators plus great bass of course. Also slotted in Jack Johnson's From Here to Now to You (2013) which is nicely done. Think though that I prefer the more languid earlier stuff which I regularly find is a delightful listen on vinyl (Sleep Through the Static / In Between Dreams).
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

howardc1951 wrote:Joe Bonamassa Dust Bowl and Sloe Gin. Sounds really good - but then most things sound good when you're sitting in the sunshine on a balcony overlooking the Med!
OK Howard ya Bustard............Just remember you will have too come home again............... :lol: :guiness;

Enjoy. :clap:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Playing "Great White" - Courtesy of Slinger....... :clap:

Nope I never knew they had a "Greatest Hit"s album either ,,,,,,,,But Hell - It is good.

Picture "Led Zep" & "The Wurzles" :dance:

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

Yeah Jammy but not for another 6 weeks! I'd never heard of Joe B until you went on about him so thanks for that! :clap: