Rock and...chill.

All music posts here please.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Rock and...chill.

Unread post by slinger »

We seem to have developed an ongoing "avant-garde" thread (OK, so it's mostly me and Anesthetise) and that has reminded me of some lost loves of my misspent youth and opened me up to some new sounds to like or not like in pretty much even quantities.

New topic. Which two pieces of music rock your soul and relax it in equal measure. What starts you playing air guitar or air baton and what do you wind down to, or just chill out in general. Blue Suede Shoes and Music for Airports, Beethoven's 5th and Beethoven's 9th?

Your choices now, and I'll even start you off. Nothing starts my toe tapping and my head nodding like "My Own Way to Rock" by Burton Cummings and to chill there is nothing more relaxing than Elgar's Cello Concerto. An odd choice to chill to? So what? It works for me, now what works for you? To paraphrase a Scotsman playing a Spaniard - There can be only two.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Anesthetise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Poland

Re: Rock and...chill.

Unread post by Anesthetise »

slinger wrote:Elgar's Cello Concerto
Damn, that's a brilliant piece. And what has Venetian Snares done with it is an another thing, but...
1. Definitely, definitely, definitely, Mark Knopfler's best solo album in my opinion. Baloney again gave me the chills the first time I've heard it and it always will.
2. I have to repeat myself from the other thread - Soror Dolorosa - Low End. I guess I don't need to explain why :)

Also, I really enjoy listening to all the bands that Neige contributes in - Alcest, Les Discrets, Amesoeurs, maybe not Mortifera, but still, the rock/chill balance is almost equal for most of their pieces.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rock and...chill.

Unread post by jammy395 »

ROCK - George Thorogood and the Destroyers............ Gear Jammer.

CHILL - Queen.................................................. It's a beautiful day.

8-)