Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Dark Side of Oz....!!!

Unread post by jammy395 »

Got a copy of....
Pink Floyds - DSOTM cd & The Wizard of Oz - dvd. :?:
This is quite spooky...Great with cans and a wee dram or smoke :shock:
Amazing Synchronizing....

First of all, if you’re interested in trying this yourself then here’s what you have to do. Get the movie and get your CD player. Right when the MGM logo pops up get that CD ready. Right when the MGM Lion finishes its THIRD roar you hit play on the album. If it’s not done just right it won’t “work.”

Allow me to clue you in on some of the highlights of what is supposed to synch up. Whenever the lyrics “the lunatic is on the grass” you’ll see the Scarecrow dancing a bit on a lawn. Right when the Scarecrow and Dorothy starting trotting down the yellow brick road the lyric “got to keep the loonies on the path” pops in. Whenever Dorothy leaves the fortune teller to go back to her farm the line “home, home again” will start. There’s the line “don’t give me that do goody goody bull—“ right when you see Glenda the Good Witch pop up in her little magical bubble ride. Speaking of witches, whenever The Good Witch and the Bad Witch are facing off, the lyric “…and who knows which is which” comes in. Get it? How about when the song “Brain Damage” starts? Well, that’s when the Scarecrow starts in with his “if I only had a brain” song. And, of course, right at the end of the album when you hear that faint heartbeat fading out what do you think is on screen. That’s right, Dorothy listening to the Tin Man’s chest for his heart.

And that’s just a bit of how the lyrical content supposedly lines up. There are parts where a scene change happens and a song ends. The Munchkins dance seems to be perfectly choreographed to “Us and Them.” The dynamic singing in “The Great Gig In The Sky” seems to work perfectly with the tornado whisking around Dorothy. Whenever the movie transitions from black and white to color is when you hear those cash registers at the beginning of “Money.” Of course, we can’t forget the album cover and how that corresponds to the movie’s theme.

:think:

jammy395

Re: The Dark Side of Oz....!!!

Cheers Jammy, that's bloody amazing. :clap:

Well I try....... :pray:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

It's just too weird, Jammy. Didn't know how to reply - stunned into silence. :o

I'll see if I can get hold of 'Wizard of Oz' (Netflix perhaps?) and give it a try.

Got a bout of the 'flu, so I have time over today. :sad-suicidepills:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

jammy395

Cheers Fret.......EXPAND YER MIND.

Lions third roar.........or yer fuked. :guiness;